CFW 3Ds VC FireRed PKSM Save file edit

DoesntHaveEbola

So after a bit of research I found I could dump my save file from firered and I found it on my SD card using GM9, I'm looking to use a function for gen 3 in PKSM that allows me to change the evolutions so I no longer require trades (Change Impossible Evos). Is it possible to change the save data to allow me to do this? The more I type it out the dumber it sounds to change game mechanics using a save file, but is there a way to "update" my game on my SD card in order to change the mechanic? I'm somewhat new to this stuff but CFW'd my 3Ds with no issues. 

16 hours ago, DoesntHaveEbola said:

So after a bit of research I found I could dump my save file from firered and I found it on my SD card using GM9, I'm looking to use a function for gen 3 in PKSM that allows me to change the evolutions so I no longer require trades (Change Impossible Evos). Is it possible to change the save data to allow me to do this? The more I type it out the dumber it sounds to change game mechanics using a save file, but is there a way to "update" my game on my SD card in order to change the mechanic? I'm somewhat new to this stuff but CFW'd my 3Ds with no issues. 

Unofficial VC FireRed. Heard unofficial VC FireRed saves may be different from standard cart FireRed saves.

Next, removing trade evos requires a ROM edit, not SAV edit. (so in this case, the save being slightly different won't matter anyway)