PMN Sword doesn't show changes from PKHeX

Thyzrok

Hi! First time using PKHeX. When I load my game after modding pkmn it doesn't seem as if any changes have taken place. I initially thought it was a problem with the save editor but after changing out my party and making a backup of that save, the pkmn still show as modded in PKHeX even though they don't show up that way in the game. Has anyone dealt with this before?

Are you using sysNAND or emuNAND?

When you normally play with a stock Switch the saves are in the system memory. If you set up an emuNAND and and you use CFW only on it you will see all save files with Checkpoint (part of the copy of your sysNAND), but every changes you make WILL NOT REFLECT in sysNAND, they are completely separate.

So, if you want to make changes on your "traditional" save file, you have to run Atmosphere in sysNAND (do this at your at your own risk, I personally suggest to use Atmosphere only when you have to use an homebrew software and in airplane-mode).

If you want to use only emuNAND, you have to play your game entirely on emuNAND (without online connection).

Thanks, I did. At first I thought I was so used two other save file editors in addition to Checkpoint. I have figured it out though. I was restoring my save from the emummc and not sysnand. Once I loaded from the sysnand, it worked. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlamosIT said:

Are you using sysNAND or emuNAND?

When you normally play with a stock Switch the saves are in the system memory. If you set up an emuNAND and and you use CFW only on it you will see all save files with Checkpoint (part of the copy of your sysNAND), but every changes you make WILL NOT REFLECT in sysNAND, they are completely separate.

So, if you want to make changes on your "traditional" save file, you have to run Atmosphere in sysNAND (do this at your at your own risk, I personally suggest to use Atmosphere only when you have to use an homebrew software and in airplane-mode).

If you want to use only emuNAND, you have to play your game entirely on emuNAND (without online connection).

Thanks for this explanation. This wasn't clear to me when I set everything up but I think I understand it now.

• Like 1