PKHeX UI Suggestions

Mars WonderBoy

Hi all! New time user of PKHeX but an average user of PokeGen from back in the day.

I have some transparency, ease-of-access suggestions for the PKHeX UI that could help with intuitive navigation.

1) Relocate the Blank Save Version option from Options>Settings to File.
2) Relocate the Shortcuts menu from Options>About PKHeX to Tools
3) When using the "Reset All" button from Option>Settings, it closes the PKHeX as a requirement but doesn't not auto-launch afterward. Enable it to auto-relaunch when using this feature.
4) The Origin Marks of Pokemon aren't interact-able. Apply a feature that clicking on the mark would redirect the user to the Met tab and drop down the Origin Game options automatically.
5) Buttons that are interact-able, but not apparent should have a button outline. This includes Trainer and Pokemon gender, the Legality Checker, the PKM Ouicksave; and any others I could of missed since I didn't know they were a button.

Next are legacy features from PokeGen:
6) There was this tooltip feature that detailed what options meant when rolled over. Some examples of these would be Nature, IVs, EVs, ability, etc. This would be great on the Origins Marks.
7) Pokemon Box drop-downs always displayed amount of Pokemon in specific boxes.

Thanks and if there's any concerns or elaborations needed to break down the points, please let me know.

1) No; the blank save file setting applies to startup as well; when a save file is not detected for loading, it will create a blank save based on the setting. Changing the setting while the program is already running will load a new blank save, out of convenience.

2) No; shortcuts are not tools. The tools menu is already quite cluttered, and is where Plugins normally add their actions. "Options" are different choices the user can make, and providing information about different options of doing things (via hotkey, shortcuts, etc) is by definition an option.

3) https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/6bb2612059edc014d6e448c929bb08d985e04ab7

4) Derived properties aren't normally interactable. I've added user interaction help to dropdown when clicked. https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/a221a27074aacbb293295bc993fbe70d42d6c453

5) Too many buttons is visual clutter. Things are clickable.

6) Not worth the effort. Translations are heavily neglected for certain languages, and this would increase visual clutter. If people don't know what a label or icon is, they can search the forums or wikis.

7) No. Calculating the amount of occupied slots for a box and updating it on every get/set operation results in tangled logic for very little value added, if any.

• Like 1