I seem to not be able to edit my main save

Whousing

Hello, I am in need for guidance about error "Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size.". I have tested it by reinstalling citra and rom, file isnt corrupted, tested with 2 different computers. I tried to look from web the answer for this but I don't seem to find any help from there. Most of the fixes was something like I might have chosen wrong folder of folders which include "main" file. That isnt a possibility since my rom/citra happens to only create one folder with "main" file inside. What I mean by that is I have it looking like this: 808229e429f3dc1b551c29cf713c6e0f.png
https://gyazo.com/808229e429f3dc1b551c29cf713c6e0f
From what I've understood most people have it looking like this:a5c178bd973a908238a36998c4309cc3.png
https://gyazo.com/a5c178bd973a908238a36998c4309cc3

I seem to have less folders in multiple directorys, one more example here, how I have it: af40a017ae87e7b8ca371747751f1482.png
https://gyazo.com/af40a017ae87e7b8ca371747751f1482
And from what I've understood most of people has it: 3de18d9425ad782619ebcae01fa22f2b.png
https://gyazo.com/3de18d9425ad782619ebcae01fa22f2b

I had this working perfectly about half year before, but now it doesnt seem to work for me anymore. I also have latest version of PKHeX installed.

EDIT: If this helps anything this is my direction path where my "main" file what I have tried to use is: C:\Users\(My name)\AppData\Roaming\Citra\sdmc\Nintendo 3DS\00000000000000000000000000000000\00000000000000000000000000000000\title\00040000\001b5000\data\00000001
Also, my game is gen7.

Edited by Whousing

13 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

How far along have you played the game?

Get your starter, save and close the emulator.

It isn't about that, I had played with my computer a little more that that and with the other computer like half of the game, I had this same thing in my mind but that isn't the case. 

image.png
Make sure this is done in Citra.

When it is, the games appear when Citra opens up.

Spoiler

image.png

Then when it does, right click on the game, select Open save data location
image.png

At that point, you know you're at the correct folder.
Then, as Kaphotics mentioned, if you at least obtained the starter already, just grab your save file.

If you're using the most updated PKHeX, it definitely should be able to open the save. Try updating your PKHeX.
Download the latest version into a totally new and clean folder and try again.

As mentioned, make sure you close the emulator before loading the save. :3

(also, images can be directly loaded onto our site, no need to post images on external sites)

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

image.png
Make sure this is done in Citra.

When it is, the games appear when Citra opens up.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

Then when it does, right click on the game, select Open save data location
image.png

At that point, you know you're at the correct folder.
Then, as Kaphotics mentioned, if you at least obtained the starter already, just grab your save file.

If you're using the most updated PKHeX, it definitely should be able to open the save. Try updating your PKHeX.
Download the latest version into a totally new and clean folder and try again.

As mentioned, make sure you close the emulator before loading the save. :3

(also, images can be directly loaded onto our site, no need to post images on external sites)

I did all of those things the way you guys said to, it doesn't still want to load it, I attached the file if it does help anything. I downloaded whole new .3ds file/rom and tested with it: didn't work. Re-downloaded newest version of PKHeX, took save data location the way yoy showed. Still yet I keep getting this error: 
663015145_pkhexerr.png.0f3293f9794afd73d8f63e81db1b9145.png

In some fixes around the web were said that it might be too big or too small, I'm not sure if that's the case or something but atleast I am out of any ideas how I could get this working.
If you come up with any I will be happy to try them out.

main

5 minutes ago, Whousing said:

I did all of those things the way you guys said to, it doesn't still want to load it, I attached the file if it does help anything. I downloaded whole new .3ds file/rom and tested with it: didn't work. Re-downloaded newest version of PKHeX, took save data location the way yoy showed. Still yet I keep getting this error: 
663015145_pkhexerr.png.0f3293f9794afd73d8f63e81db1b9145.png

In some fixes around the web were said that it might be too big or too small, I'm not sure if that's the case or something but atleast I am out of any ideas how I could get this working.
If you come up with any I will be happy to try them out.

main 435 kB · 0 downloads

Did you even start the game, collect the starter, and save the game?

when I loaded your save file in Citra, it brought me to the beginning, which is the language selection screen.

Can you start the game, get the starter, save the game, then try again?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

Did you even start the game, collect the starter, and save the game?

when I loaded your save file in Citra, it brought me to the beginning, which is the language selection screen.

Can you start the game, get the starter, save the game, then try again?

I didn't remember that you must use ingame save :D. I had always saved it in citra, never ingame.

We will NOT talk about this, let's forget whole thing ok?

Thanks for the help anyway. :D

• Like 1