[SOLVED] Why Original Gigantamax Pokemon shows Illegal?

Ludovic

15 minutes ago, Ludovic said:

Thanks for the help. 
An event? oh god! Yes i caught in wild area. 
How can i know when is a event or not?

By checking whether the location you caught matches a raid from the base game.

It might be more easy, for stuff like Gigantamax Snorlax or Gigantamax Toxtricity, since those don't exist in the base game.
Other stuff, like Gigantamax Duraludon or Gigantamax Charizard, may need more attention on your part.

Checking whether the location, moveset or levels is right etc.

@Kaphotics I'm not sure how easy or tedious it is to implement, but maybe have mons from Wild Area Events display a different message?
image.png

Maybe instead of Static Encounter, indicate as Wild Area Event Static Encounter or something?

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

1) what does this have to do with the original post?
2) If you just added the moves to the TR list, the met location won't change. What did you do?
3) upload the file

i had the same error as the original post, a duraludon, and when i change the TR moves and the met location, all works, i only change the met location, and i check the problematic move in the TR list (in the photo, body press is the TR 99)

i had the same problem with others gigantamax, and doing the same, it just work

1.png

2.png

13 minutes ago, asuuru said:

i had the same error as the original post, a duraludon, and when i change the TR moves and the met location, all works, i only change the met location, and i check the problematic move in the TR list (in the photo, body press is the TR 99)

i had the same problem with others gigantamax, and doing the same, it just work

1.png

2.png

Erm, the location "in a Pokémon den" is a generic location, and that appears if you entered a hosts raid.

So in other words, changing to that location works, simply because the original Duraludon (or the other gmaxes) can be hosted, and you can join.

But that won't work for other event raids, cause the caught level may not match in-game encounter. So while your 'solution' may work now, it may not work in the future.

For example, using the context of "fixing a mon with PKHeX that has yet to receive an update for wild area news", if you are using a version of PKHeX before Pokémon Day 2020, this method will not work for fixing Kanto Starters and their evolution, cause there is no raids containing them in the base game. This is just one example.

So instead of trying to make workarounds and risk delegitimatizing your caught mon, just wait for PKHeX to update.

Just now, theSLAYER said:

Erm, the location "in a Pokémon den" is a generic location, and that appears if you entered a hosts raid.

So in other words, changing to that location works, simply because the original Duraludon (or the other gmaxes) can be hosted, and you can join.

But that won't work for other event raids, cause the caught level may not match in-game encounter. So while your 'solution' may work now, it may not work in the future.

For example, using the context of "fixing a mon with PKHeX that has yet to receive update for wild area news".if you are using a version of PKHeX before Pokémon Day 2020, this method will not work for fixing Kanto Starters and their evolution, cause there is no raids containing them in the base game. This is just one example.

So instead of trying to make workarounds and risk delegitimatizing your caught mon, just wait for PKHeX to update.

that i quite dont understand, for example, is charizard and durandulon an event right now?, i caught 3 charizard for example, and 2 are from ''in a Pokémon Den'' and the other ''at the Lake of Outrage (in a Wild Area)'', but only the last one make problems in pkhex (invalid), and the location is the only diference.

and if charizard is not an event, what gigantamax is right now?

19 minutes ago, asuuru said:

'in a Pokémon Den''

you joined a raid, that someone else hosted

'at the Lake of Outrage (in a Wild Area)

you hosted a raid at that den.

and if charizard is not an event, what gigantamax is right now?

Not sure what you're asking. Maybe it's level at lake of outrage doesn't match the level found at the den normally.

(level is different because it's an event raid)

As I said, just wait for a PKHeX update. No need to create a workaround that may cause your mon to become illegal.