Need Help

BxSouljah

Hi I'm new to this whole poksav thing and I really want to edit my sav file but I don't really know what to do. I tried reading this page but none of it made any sense to me. I'm using the NO$GBA emulator with a Pokemon Platinum.nds ROM.

If someone could explain to me how this whole Pokesav thing works with my ROM and emulator I'd really appreciate :)

You must convert your save file using NO$GBA to VBA. here is how to do it,

First go download NO$GBA to VBA.

Then go find your NO$GBA ini (config) in the NO$GBA folder and open it.

Scroll down till you find, "SAV/SNA File Format == Compressed" chnage this to "SAV/SNA File Format == Raw".

No start NO$GBA to VBA and click configure.

Follow the instructions in configure and if done correctly when you hit save you should see your save files in the big box to the left.

Click your save and click convert.

Now go to the BATTERY folder in the NO$GBA folder you will see a "NewSaveGame.sav".

Delete your old save and rename the new save to the exact name of the old.

it will now work in Pokesav :wink:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(IMPORTANT: before starting any of the above copy your save and put the copy someplace safe incase of screw ups)

First off, I'm assuming you want to edit your save file. The ROM is the game data (maps, sprites, game dialogue script etc.), which is different from the save file. Your save file is instead, in the BATTERY folder, so search that folder for your Platinum save file and use that for Pokesav.

Before actually using Pokesav, you have to make sure that the save file is correctly sized. The NO$GBA v2.6a emulator can already do this for you. Open up the config file (NO$GBA.INI) and search for the setting SAV/SNA File Format. By default, it is set to 'Compressed'. Overwrite 'Compressed with 'Raw'. Also, for the option NDS-Cartridge Backup Media, change the setting to -Auto if you haven't already. Finally, save your changes.

Now that your emulator settings are properly configured, load up NO$GBA and Pokemon Platinum and save your game. Exit NO$GBA and check your BATTERY folder. Your Platinum save file should be 512kb in size.

Load up Pokesav and open your save file. It should now show every bit of your save data correctly. If you want to make Pokemon from scratch, but want to make them look legitimate, the Save Editing stickies have all the resources you need.

By the way, Endless Eden was talking about an old way to change the save file size that still works. I know as I used to use the NO$GBA to VBA Save Converter. However, that method is very tedious and inferior to simply having NO$GBA save in raw format.

Before actually using Pokesav, you have to make sure that the save file is correctly sized. The NO$GBA v2.6a emulator can already do this for you. Open up the config file (NO$GBA.INI) and search for the setting SAV/SNA File Format. By default, it is set to 'Compressed'. Overwrite 'Compressed with 'Raw'. Also, for the option NDS-Cartridge Backup Media, change the setting to -Auto if you haven't already. Finally, save your changes.

Ok where is that located at?

how do u put the pokesave data on the game?????

Well, you didn't specify if you are using a retail cart, or if you are playing a backup of your game on a flash cart or an emulator.

If it's one of the latter two, if you followed the steps that Jayc laid out in his post, just edit the information as you see fit and hit Save. Then you can continue using the emulator to play your backup, or you can copy the save file to your flash cart.

If it's a retail cart's save file you want to edit, you may need external hardware, like an ARDS, the NDS cart adapter, or a flash cart with some kind of save backup / restore homebrew.

If you are able to use the NO$GBA emulator at all, you should have the configuration file in the same folder as the emulator itself.

It must be there. Try looking hard at each file in the folder. Its icon is a notepad with an orange gear/cog on it.

If you are able to use the NO$GBA emulator at all, you should have the configuration file in the same folder as the emulator itself.

It must be there. Try looking hard at each file in the folder. Its icon is a notepad with an orange gear/cog on it.

Yeah man I'm telling you I don't have that file. I've looked far and wide for it but I'm almost positive that I don't have it.

Can someone please give a download link so I can get the config file.

You don't have that file because No$GBA has never created it, the .INI file is only created to store the emulator's custom settings. You have to launch No$GBA, edit its settings by pressing F11 and No$GBA.INI will immediately be created in the same folder of the emulator.

You don't have that file because No$GBA has never created it, the .INI file is only created to store the emulator's custom settings. You have to launch No$GBA, edit its settings by pressing F11 and No$GBA.INI will immediately be created in the same folder of the emulator.

Ok I did that but all pressing F11 did was bring up the No$GBA setup window and nothing new was saved in the folder where I have the program in.

Why can't someone just give me the file I need or tell me something that actually works?

There is a menu option that says "save your config" or something to that effect. You need to select that after you set your options.

I'm not at home, or else I'd send you a copy of the config file I have along with a screenshot of the menu option I am referring to.

EDIT: Nevermind, hang on, I attached a copy of my config to this post.

EDIT 2: Also consider trying Kaarosu's config file in a later post of that same thread.

There is a menu option that says "save your config" or something to that effect. You need to select that after you set your options.

I'm not at home, or else I'd send you a copy of the config file I have along with a screenshot of the menu option I am referring to.

EDIT: Nevermind, hang on, I attached a copy of my config to this post.

EDIT 2: Also consider trying Kaarosu's config file in a later post of that same thread.

Ok I got config file and I made the changes that Jayc said to do in his post but everytime I start the emulator my controls are changed and my .sav is still not the right size :(

This would be much easier if someone who has actually made this thing work could upload their folder for me :)

Edit: That second link you gave me is really confusing to me, I don't understand what that post means.

Ok I got config file and I made the changes that Jayc said to do in his post but everytime I start the emulator my controls are changed and my .sav is still not the right size :(

You must "save Options" when you change the control keys for No$GBA to remember.

Try this example and see if everything works fine.

No$GBAfixed.rar

No$GBAfixed.rar

You must "save Options" when you change the control keys for No$GBA to remember.

Try this example and see if everything works fine.

[ATTACH]2201[/ATTACH]

When I try to run platinum is says "the rom image has crashed"

Edit: If someone who currently has pokesav working with an emulator and Platinum ROM on their computer please just upload the folder that has everything in it already working, I'd really appreciate it.