All Shiny in the Dex...

NecRozma

Hi,
I created around 420 PKMN. Of these, about 8 Shiny's.
I then load the Save on the X-Edition, where I played so far that I am in the first PKMN Center.

Now if I look at the Save load with the created PKMN and then in the PokéDex. Are all the PKMN I created and are still in the initial PokéDex included (not the National Dex) visible in the Shiny form ....

That worries me a little ... what do you think? (Actually, everyone in the Dex is in shining shape, except I met before I arrived at the PKMN center.)

Edited by NecRozma

9 minutes ago, NecRozma said:

Are all the PKMN I created and are still in the initial PokéDex included (not the National Dex) visible in the Shiny form ....

There's something fundamentally wrong with that statement.

Let me explain: the save only stores the data as 1 dex, which has everything.

Then, the game splits it to show regional and national dex. In reality there's only 1 dex on the save, but it just displayed it as 2.
In the save, there is no "Initial Pokedex" and no "National Dex". There is just: everything.

So, everything that your trainer has ever met, ever sent out, and anything you ever created (provided that option in the image below is ticked) is added to the 1 dex.
image.png

I know that basically there is only one Dex.

This statement was also a bit irrelevant of me. (Some PKMN simply have the # ??? because I'm in the beginning of the game, but as I said, the Dex should be irrelevant to the Shiny ad.)

Unfortunately, I still do not understand why the created PKMN is displayed in the Shiny-Form, if I have created non-shiny.....

If I leave "Modify PokéDex" out. What exactly happens?

Are the generated PKMN then no longer in the Dex or are they displayed correctly?

Thanks you

1 hour ago, NecRozma said:

This statement was also a bit irrelevant of me. (Some PKMN simply have the # ??? because I'm in the beginning of the game, but as I said, the Dex should be irrelevant to the Shiny ad.)

It appears as #??? because that is how the game chooses to display it. The data of the Pokémon or the dex itself isn't any different.
It's merely graphical.

Unfortunately, I still do not understand why the created PKMN is displayed in the Shiny-Form, if I have created non-shiny.....

That I don't understand as well. If you didn't see the shiny version, didn't drag in a shiny version, no reason why it'll be shiny in the dex...

If I leave "Modify PokéDex" out. What exactly happens?

Are the generated PKMN then no longer in the Dex or are they displayed correctly?

any Pokémon you add or modify won't be added into the dex.

However, do note that when you use such a mon in battle, Gen 6 onwards would add them into the dex.
(when you bring the Pokémon into battle, it'll be added to Seen and Owned, unlike older games.)

hmmm .... I just do not know what that could cause if the PKMN are shown in the Dex as Shiny. Could probably do that on the PKMN Bank or on newer editions.

The option that the PKMN will be registered only when it is called into combat could probably fix day Shiny-Dex problem.

This feature is irrelevant to PKMN Bank or?

2 minutes ago, NecRozma said:

hmmm .... I just do not know what that could cause if the PKMN are shown in the Dex as Shiny. Could probably do that on the PKMN Bank or on newer editions.

The option that the PKMN will be registered only when it is called into combat could probably fix day Shiny-Dex problem.

This feature is irrelevant to PKMN Bank or?

Pokémon Bank's Dex doesn't affect XYORAS/SMUSUM's dex.

You probably used PKHeX's "Complete Dex" function and forgot, or imported in an entire shiny collection and forgot or something.

I've been using PKHeX for years now and I don't see random shiny entries in my dex (that I don't own), nor have there been user reports of such a phenomenon. So far I think you're the only one. :/

Yes I am always the only one ....

But that I have activated something like "complete PokéDex", can not be, because it is only the created PKMN and the ones I have met on the journey so far. And even the ones I created are in Dex Shiny ....

I think vll. So it is displayed, because it is the PKMN and not at the game ..

(Or vll. Is it somehow synonymous with the date error?)

So now I have removed the hoes "Modify PokéDex" ("change PokéDex").

But that did not help.

But what I have to correct is, not all are Shiny in the Dex only about 98% (the ones I met on the trip excluded).

-- "If I start the game and before I want to load the score, there is how much you have in the PokéDex. It stands with me 161 PKMN in the Dex.

And when I'm in the game and open the PokéDex, there are only 48 left in the Kalos Central PokéDex.

But I think that's just because I'm still in the beginning in the game. So irrelevant." --

As in the first picture is also something strange.

Brigaron is Shiny. But the PokéDex does not show a note at the top right of the Shiny-Seen symbol. Only with the normals ...

Why does this always have to happen to me? -.-

But why are some shiny and more importantly: Does that have consequences? - I do not feel comfortable storing them on the BANK now ...

- It could be harmful and even illegal. Because there are some PKMN that are not available in Shiny. But if the Dex just makes the Shiny?

Brigaron.jpeg

Volcanion.jpeg

Edited by NecRozma

2 hours ago, NecRozma said:

So now I have removed the hoes "Modify PokéDex" ("change PokéDex"). But that did not help.

that only stops any future mods from being set to your Pokedex, doesn't remove existing entries.

You should re-enable it, then:
image.png

then re-import all the stuff in your box (so that those get set into the Dex)

then disable it.

Why does this always have to happen to me? -.-

probably because you cheated without knowing what you were doing 😜

For the Chesnaught, your Pokédex probably has it set like this:
image.png

The displayed setting value isn't the same as seen value, so if you cheat badly, it's possible for that to occur.

But why are some shiny

As I've said, no one ever reported this issue before. You probably screwed up your save somehow.

Does that have consequences?

Maybe you'll get banned, maybe your Bank subscription gets cancelled, maybe nothing happens. No one knows.

For the record, back in Gen 4, when people had Arceus in their dex before it was officially released, those players get blocked from going onto GTS,
so at the very least, we know that GF/Ninty has done stuff by checking the dex before. (tho, there is no indication they are doing that now)

• Relieved 1

Sounds not good at all ....

Especially how could I only "bad cheating"? :(

I've occasionally created: Attacks / IV's / EV's / Ball / OT / TID / Nature. And rarely in Shiny.

I copied most of them. (If I had one legal, it was pulled into the pits and its values created a new one.)

So the memories always remained the same. (They usually made the most mistakes for me.)

Stupid .... I do not what I should do now ... I do not want to be banned. And only if I follow your last steps, the PKMN may no longer be in the Dex of the X-Edition. But could still cause damage in the bank or elsewhere?

Oh shit -.- .... it would bring something if I upload the Save of PKHeX here and you analyze it?

P.S. (How you managed that my Noctowl has indicated the correct date, I still do not know .. That would be with the Dex already 2 errors that worry me ....)

Thank you!

Edited by NecRozma

And only if I follow your last steps, the PKMN may no longer be in the Dex of the X-Edition.

There's no need to freak out man. Just import a living dex of non-shiny Pokémon :D

Especially how could I only "bad cheating"? :(

I've occasionally created: Attacks / IV's / EV's / Ball / OT / TID / Nature. And rarely in Shiny.

No clue, maybe you used a different program that screwed up or something. Like I said before, we don't know how you did it.

But could still cause damage in the bank or elsewhere?

Hmm, check your Pokémon Bank's National dex with a different game, to see what has or hasn't been registered there.

it would bring something if I upload the Save of PKHeX here and you analyze it?

Honestly, it would be too many things to look through. I don't want to be responsible for such a massive undertaking.

It is probably fine, since as far as you know none of your accounts are banned. If you're that worried, start a new save and play properly.

How you managed that my Noctowl has indicated the correct date, I still do not know .. That would be with the Dex already 2 errors that worry me ....

Not this again. There is nothing wrong with your Noctowl data. It's just that the game displayed the text wrong. There is no dex error associated with it.

Any hatched mon received from trade and hatched in GER XY has that. There's nothing wrong with your Pokémon.

23 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

There's no need to freak out man. Just import a living dex of non-shiny Pokémon

Whether the Dex is complete or not, I do not care. I just thought that what could be wrong with the code of the created PKMN, if it appears in the Dex as Shiny. (But then again as normal ... Picture 1; Top right.)

No clue, maybe you used a different program that screwed up or something. Like I said before, we don't know how you did it.

A pity, I thought I could help you by mentioning this. My PKHeX feels the PKMN for Legal ...
(But there would be a new version of PKHeX. - This i not use. I will first my first PHKeX Project transfer to Bank.)

Hmm, check your Pokémon Bank's National dex with a different game, to see what has or hasn't been registered there.

Do not quite understand ... This PKHeX project was my first so far, which is why I've created as many, so I'll then all up to the gene. 6 have.

That's why all the data in BANK has original data. Except maybe the Vivillon, which does not come from me.

Honestly, it would be too many things to look through. I don't want to be responsible for such a massive undertaking.

It is probably fine, since as far as you know none of your accounts are banned. If you're that worried, start a new save and play properly.

Yes I understand. Finding a mistake is very, very time consuming. And since nobody else has the problem, it is not of such high priority.

As I said, this is my first PKHeX project. Or do you think I should start a new PKHeX project?
- It took me about 3 weeks to create this PKMN and when I start over, I could get back into the error.

Not this again. There is nothing wrong with your Noctowl data. It's just that the game displayed the text wrong. There is no dex error associated with it.

Any egg received from trade and hatched in GER XY has that. There's nothing wrong with your Pokémon.

Sorry that I started from it again.

I'll probably never understand and accept that the PKMN is okay. I'm just plagued by the question how you could change the text ... well ...

-------------------------------------

What would you do in my place?

- New PKHeX project?

- No matter what the Dex means. Upload to bank and use in GTS.

Thanks...

Edited by NecRozma

26 minutes ago, NecRozma said:

I'll probably never understand and accept that the PKMN is okay. I'm just plagued by the question how you could change the text ... well ...

I didn't change the text, you see.
There are a few messages that display there, generally:
(A) Met at Location (meaning you caught that Pokemon there)
(B) Apparently met at location (meaning you received this Pokemon from trade, and the original trainer caught it at location)
(C) Hatched at Location (meaning you hatched it there)
(D) Apparently hatched at location (meaning this is from trade, and original trainer hatched it there)

Basically, all (D) has the issue in GER XY. The translation team forgot to put a "." in between dates.

If you read my Pikachu carefully, it was originally (C), and I change it to (D).
(C) = hatched by me [has my OT, TID, SID], and (D) = received from trade [has someone elses OT, TID, SID]

All I changed was who was the "Original Trainer" of the Pokémon, and the game displays different text based on who is the OT.

31 minutes ago, NecRozma said:

What would you do in my place?

- New PKHeX project?

I'm confused to why you keep calling this a PKHeX project?

If I was in your position? I would use an unmodified save. Then trade over the modded Pokémon to the unmodified save.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I didn't change the text, you see.
There are a few messages that display there, generally:
(A) Met at Location (meaning you caught that Pokemon there)
(B) Apparently met at location (meaning you received this Pokemon from trade, and the original trainer caught it at location)
(C) Hatched at Location (meaning you hatched it there)
(D) Apparently hatched at location (meaning this is from trade, and original trainer hatched it there)

Basically, all (D) has the issue in GER XY. The translation team forgot to put a "." in between dates.

If you read my Pikachu carefully, it was originally (C), and I change it to (D).
(C) = hatched by me [has my OT, TID, SID], and (D) = received from trade [has someone elses OT, TID, SID]

All I changed was who was the "Original Trainer" of the Pokémon, and the game displays different text based on who is the OT.

Best thanks. That's what I wanted to know. So I just have to just have my OT / TID identical to the trainer profile.

A question: You say, the error is not the PKMN but the X German version.

If than I now legally/original get a PKMN in Exchange and this is (D). Is it the date then incorrect?

Thanks again for the solution. :)

13 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

If I was in your position? I would use an unmodified save. Then trade over the modded Pokémon to the unmodified save.

What exactly for a save? From PKHeX or X-Edition?

And how exactly trade? PKHeX or X-Edition ?!

I'm just slightly confused. :/ (I speak not very good english, sorry..)

(I just call that a project, because I do it almost once and all the same .... and projects take longer and the result is more satisfying) :)

Edited by NecRozma

Just now, NecRozma said:

So I just have to just have my OT / TID identical to the trainer profile.

Except you don't have to. You're treating this as though it is something that "needs to be fixed", but it doesn't have to be fixed,
cause again, there's nothing wrong with your Pokemon.

1 minute ago, NecRozma said:

A question: You say it is not the PKMN but the X German version.

If I now legally get a PKMN in exchange that is (D). Is it the date then wrong?

Any hatched mon from trade should have the text appear like that. Not sure if it's the same in ORAS.

2 minutes ago, NecRozma said:

What exactly for a save? From PKHeX or X-Edition?

And how exactly trade? PKHeX or X-Edition ?!

Save file, you know, when you save your game?

Trade, as in 3DS send Pokemon to another 3DS.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Save file, you know, when you save your game?

Trade, as in 3DS send Pokemon to another 3DS.

I'm really sorry, but I still do not understand it. (Because of the Shiny Dex ambiguity.)

Save the main game? (Ingame Save)
- The score of my X-Edition is not that important, because I restarted a few times because I used the wrong order after PKHeX crossed the "main" date.

Unfortunately, I do not have a second 3DS.

- Or do you mean my created in the GTS for original exchange?
- I would not mind that ...

Sorry for my long line ...

Edited by NecRozma

😭  .... I can not feel well anymore .... I do not want to have spent those many days for nothing. Also to modify my 3DS was not fast ... and now I should fail ... :(

There are two points I will try:

1. As you say, I'm off the dex in PKHeX and override the "main" file. After that, none of the PKMN should be in the Dex. So I take a created one that I knew was in Dex Shiny before and do a fight with it. Then I check the Dex again. If it's normal, it's great if not. Helps maybe only:

2. Update PKHeX and save the data and overwrite "main" (Ink again 1.).

And if it does not work .... I am very very disappointed .... :(

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

that only stops any future mods from being set to your Pokedex, doesn't remove existing entries.

You should re-enable it, then:
image.png

I did that. But now 100% Shiny seems to be in the Dex. (The ones taken on trip except.)

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

then re-import all the stuff in your box (so that those get set into the Dex)

... I do not completely understand this. I loaded the "main" date in the PKHeX, then created the saved file of mine. Then changed the change in the PokéDex setting of PKHeX. Then "main" is copied to the 3DS. I do not know if that's what you meant.

----

Very strange that now all PKMN are in Dex Shiny. (Except for the ones I met on the trip.)

Edited by NecRozma

19 minutes ago, NecRozma said:

I did that. But now 100% Shiny seems to be in the Dex. (The ones taken on trip except.)

The left button, you need to select Seen None and Caught None.

19 minutes ago, NecRozma said:

I do not know if that's what you meant.

capture5.png

Dump Boxes allows you to store all Pokémon in the save into a folder on your computer.
Load Boxes allows you to transfer all Pokémon from a folder on your computer into the boxes in the save.

Use these options when mass transferring in and out of the save.

• Thanks 1

I think that was progress in the right direction.

With this method in the PKHeX saving is new to me. I have always saved by "SAV" - "Save box". Then there was always a "pcdata". (These "pcdata" were only read in PKHeX when I first read in the "main" file of the game.

Unfortunately it brings me your storage / loading method all created PKMN in their number in the box. So there is a confusion.

Point is synonymous but that stood in Dex 0. (Have in the PKHeX made the PokéDex change again.)

Then I took 3 PKMN from the storage system and go out to fight in the Wild Grass.

Then looked in the Dex. All fights were entered in non-shiny form. :)

But just as "seen". Even my PKMN are not worn as "trapped"(captured).

I have become a little happier. We seem to get closer and closer to the solution. Thank you very much for your time. :)

Edited by NecRozma

40 minutes ago, NecRozma said:

With this method in the PKHeX saving is new to me. I have always saved by "SAV" - "Save box". Then there was always a "pcdata". (These "pcdata" were only read in PKHeX when I first read in the "main" file of the game.

I'm slightly confused and concerned.

Whenever you are done editing in PKHeX, you're supposed to do this:
image.png
You make it sound like you've never done this before. Hopefully you're only referring to the exporting of Pokemon data.

40 minutes ago, NecRozma said:

But just as "seen". Even my PKMN are not worn as "trapped"(captured).

Erm. That means you didn't follow the steps.

image.png
You were supposed to keep this there, THEN import the box data. ><

I think there were some misunderstandings when translating ... probably because of me ...

- By "I save my boxes with the option SAV", I mean the "SAV" tab above the box next to the other tabs: Box / Party-Battle -Box / Other / SAV.

I have now reloaded my original PKHeX save so that all PKMN will reappear in my order. Then I edited the PokéDex again in PKHeX. (seen none and caught none.)

(In the first attempt, I have only selected as in the picture under "modify"-> "seen none." That probably was not enough.)

The hacking is out/off in the PKHeX setting under "Modify PokéDex".

I have In the game everything looks very good.

At the beginning is: Captured & Seen 0.

Once I am in a fight, all participating PKMN are registered in the Dex as seen in the correct form.

And if I catch a fierce one, it will be recorded as being caught.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is that the PKMN I send into fight is labeled as "seen" but not "caught.".

But maybe that could be fixed if I downloaded PKMN from the BANK or maybe activated the "Modifiy PokéDex" in PKHeX? (In your last picture, you've set the hack, that's probably why it is.)

-----

.... is a stupid situation now. But my 3DS has already twice reported that there is an update. I can not let that happen, otherwise homebrew does not work anymore

.... I hope that I can use PKMN Bank and GTS without updating. : S

-----

What do you think about the whole?

- Report me tomorrow. Thank you for your great use today! - Thanks to you, I see hope again for my create PKMN! :)

Good night and best regards

NecRozma