Help importing save into my game

So uh, i'm really new to this. I installed Homebrew and PkHex earlier this afternoon and decided to try it out. I'm hoping that i'm missing something and I haven't installed it wrong or anything.

Anyway, i'm trying to implement a Gardevoir, a Marshadow, and a Zeraora.
The Gardevoir is legal, but the Marshadow and the Zeraora are illegal due to their meeting place being invalid, though I tried removing the illegal Pokemon and it still did not save.

I'm on version 11.10.0, and try and put my Gardevior into my box, using the set button. After I do that, i press export data and replace my "main" file with the new one. When I enter the game, however, nothing has changed. When I re-open PkHex, all the changes are still there. I am using Ultra Moon.
Do I need extra software, such as F.B.I? Am I saving incorrectly? Is it my console?
Anyway, I would appreaciate some help regarding this matter, as I cannot find any information on what i'm doing wrong.

Many thanks,

~Storm

No where above, have you actually mentioned how you got your save file, and how you inject your save back into the game.

For starters, follow either one of the guides in the link: https://projectpokemon.org/tutorials/save-editing/managing-3ds-saves/

If the changes between save files can be compared on PKHeX, then that means you're likely not importing the save back into your game correctly.
(So your title is incorrect; it's not PKHeX, it's you :/ )

Try out the guide first. If it doesn't work, tell us what save manager you're using.

I downloaded JKSM and reattempted the transfer of the three pokemon. I was using a program called save_editor before. Anyway, it's how exactly I save that's confusing me, not the program. The guide showed how to install it, but not how to save it. Here is the method of how I am saving:
Set pokemon into box
Export SAV
Export Main
Overwrite Main
Close PkHex
It is my fault and i'm really confused about the whole situation. I have the save i want to implement, I have my current save. I want to know how to implement the save.
Sorry to be a bother about this but i'm no better off here.
~Storm

• theSLAYER changed the title to Help importing save into my game

I'm using Homebrew. Do I need to go through the process of installing Cia? Anyway creating the backup works exactly as the tutorial shows. I create the main file in a folder called backup, just as the tutorial says.
When you say eshop, do you mean downloading that Submarine game (I forget the name) and using that to install homebrew? Because that's what I did.

Just now, StormDragon456 said:

I'm using Homebrew. Do I need to go through the process of installing Cia? Anyway creating the backup works exactly as the tutorial shows. I create the main file in a folder called backup, just as the tutorial says.
When you say eshop, do you mean downloading that Submarine game (I forget the name) and using that to install homebrew? Because that's what I did.

I meant your Pokémon game. Are you playing on cart or downloaded from eshop?

Also, I need the image of the save exporting menu of JKSM.

Oh ok. That's what you meant by eshop. I'm using a cartridge. Does that matter?

Thinking about it, there is no exporting screen. I don't get the option to pick titles or anything, it automatically picks ultra moon and all I had to do was select "Save data" and make a backup folder + game save. 

This is most likely because I only have ultra moon on my 2ds, as I use cartridges.

3 minutes ago, StormDragon456 said:

Oh ok. That's what you meant by eshop. I'm using a cartridge. Does that matter?

Thinking about it, there is no exporting screen. I don't get the option to pick titles or anything, it automatically picks ultra moon and all I had to do was select "Save data" and make a backup folder + game save. 

This is most likely because I only have ultra moon on my 2ds, as I use cartridges.

Then provide me a screenshot/image of that selection.

I need to see which version you have in order to know what to point you to :/
Worse come to worse, show me various menus leading up to that one (and place them neatly in a spoiler)

We've been going back and fro, and I've been saying I need the image.
Without it, we won't be getting anywhere..

Yes, exactly like that.

Okay.
If you hover over New on top screen, and press the A button, you'll be making a backup.
If you hover over other named file on the top screen, and press the Y button, you'll be restoring the save into the game. (as per mentioned on the bottom screen).

I tried it, and it worked! Thanks so much for your assistance, and I apologise for the inconvenience.
Enjoy the rest of your day. :)
~Storm

Just glad we got it figured out.

Also, for sanity sake, you probably don't want to overwrite existing files, whether making a backup or editing.
Always make a copy of the backed up save folder, then edit that copy, so that in case any corruption occurs, at least you'll still have your original :)

Cheers~