GoldTrianer's Team

GoldTrainer

I hope I put this in the right section NOW. If not, can someone point me to the right section.

Except for Roserade, I've had this team since Hoenn. Here they are...again.

Blaziken (male)

Nature: Jolly

Ability: Blaze

Item: Scope Lens

EVs: 255 ATK / 255 SPEED

Moves:

Blaze Kick

Shadow Claw

Thunderpunch

Sky Uppercut

Basically, my lead pokemon. And don't tell me to replace him with Infernape. Though Infernape may be better, Blaziken has been with me since Hoenn, and I could never replace him. He holds the scope lens to make the critical hit ratios of Blaze Kick and Shadow Claw 40%.

Shiny Gardevoir (female)

Nature: Timid

Ability: Synchronize

Item: Lum Berry

EVs: 188 SP.ATK / 67 DEF / 255 SPEED

Moves:

Psychic

Calm Mind

Focus Blast

Thunderbolt

The first pokemon I caught on my journey in hoenn, my Gardevoir uses calm mind to power up, then unleash devestating special attacks. And before anyone says anything, you'd be suprised, cause my Gardevoir's Focus Blast hits quite often.

Salamence (male)

Ability: Intimidate

Item: Yache Berry

Moves:

Outrage

Fly

Fire Blast (may replace with Fire Fang)

Dragon Dance

The main sweeper of my team. I know Garchomp may be better, but I will always prefer Salamence. With his Yache Berry, he can survive an ice type attack (which are all too common) so he can use his dragon dance/outrage combo. Fly is mainly to get around in-game, but it can be useful in battle as well.

Roserade (female)

Nature: Timid

Ability: Natural Cure

Item: Black Sludge

EVs: 188 SP. ATK / 67 DEF / 255 SPEED

Moves:

Energy Ball

Shadow Ball

Sludge Bomb

Sleep Powder

Roserade is the member of my team that specializes in putting the opponent to sleep, then attacking with impressive special attack. I wass going to teach her hidden power, but it turned out to be dark, which covers the same types as shadow ball. So I just decided to keep shadow ball.

Milotic (female)

Nature: Modest

Ability: Marvel Scale

Item: Salac Berry

EVs: 255 SP.ATK / 255 SPEED

Moves:

Ice Beam

Recover

Hydro Pump

Mirror Coat

Milotic is my team's water pokemon. With Mirror Coat, she can send back any spcial attacks she is hit with at double the damage, useful because she can usually survive most special hits. Plus, since her HP gets low in the process, the Salac Berry makes her faster, so that she can either finish the next opponent off quickly, or recover before they can KO her. I didn't teach her surf because in double battle, surf hurts your ally as well, and I do't want to take a chance with that.

Metagross (genderless)

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Clear Body

Item: Life Orb

Moves:

Meteor Mash

Agility

Ice Punch

Earthquake

EVs: 204 ATK / 152 SP.DEF/ 154 SPEED

Metagross is good to switch into another pokemon, especially if it is going to use a move that steel resists. Agility makes Metagross fast, and I mean FAST (his speed is 214!). The Life Orb he carries makes it so all of Metagross' attacks hit pretty hard, so once he is fast enough, he is difficult to take down.

I found out their EVs, so I listed them. So, unless this one is closed too, any tips?

Alright I'll give this a competitive rating (plater vs player)

your team is Half UU half OU

underused/overused, the latter is better.

Blaziken UU - Although you have said you want this to be your lead, it is very true infernape outclasses it's starting counterpart. But you want to keep it so ok.

Although the set you currently is good (shadow claw isn't necesary though, replace it with stone edge), it doesn't use it's powerful special attack. Which allows it to become an valuable mixed sweeper/wall breaker.

Either way if you don't equip it with focus sash, I wouldn't use it as a lead. Your roserade/metagross would make better leads.

Gardevoir UU - good set, might wanna add wish or will-o-wisp in the mix

Salamence OU - good set, fly is needed I guess for flying. Great set besides the fly.

Roserade OU - Recently upgraded to OU, because of it makes a great lead. Here's it's moveset, it's standard.

Roserade@Focus Sash

Role: Lead Sleeper

Evs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe

- Sleep Powder

- Toxic Spikes

- Leaf Storm/Grass Knot

- Hidden Power Fire

Info: Once again standard stuff, usually sleep first turn, and then toxic spikes. The two attacks if you can take the opposition out.

Milotic UU - A good "UU" water pokemon, though theres OU pokemon that do it's job better (Vapoureon)

It's a good set, you could try opting hypnosis or screen support.

I would also opt more defensive EVs.

Metagross OU - good agility set.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Blaziken (male)

Moves:

Blaze Kick

Shadow Claw

Thunderpunch

Sky Uppercut

Pointless lead that serves no real purpose. Swampert, Aerodactyl, Bronzong, and Azelf all have moves that can easily KO it and will even get to set up SR. This doesn't do anything to stop them at all.

I could go on and rate the rest of the team, but you basically took 6 Pokemon and threw them together and called them a team. Along with the fairly poor EV spreads such as 255 and the useless move Fly (which should only ever be used on Flygon), I can't see this team doing much against a competent player.

Pointless lead that serves no real purpose. Swampert, Aerodactyl, Bronzong, and Azelf all have moves that can easily KO it and will even get to set up SR. This doesn't do anything to stop them at all.

I could go on and rate the rest of the team, but you basically took 6 Pokemon and threw them together and called them a team. Along with the fairly poor EV spreads such as 255 and the useless move Fly (which should only ever be used on Flygon), I can't see this team doing much against a competent player.

Dude, I just have this to say. You'd be suprised.

Also. Don't diss Blaziken. I started with him. The bond between trainer and starter is very strong.

But you may (and probably are) right about Salamence's Fly. I'll consider replacing it. Maybe.

I am considering wish on Gardevoir. But what should I replace. I kind of like Focus Blast cause it defends her against dark types (4x damage on Tyrannitar!) and is useful if she is ever up against a Steelix (I would normally switch out, but what if she is my last pokemon!?). And Calm Mind is a must. Thunderbolt is what helped take out my friend's Starmie, and is useful against Gyarados and Yanmegas, so I think I want to keep it. So I'm still not sure.

And if I do give Blaziken a Focus Sash, I'd probably teach him Reveral. Actually, a better combo would be Endure/Salac Berry/Reversal, but I'm not sure if I want to do that, cause Milotic holds the Salac Berry, and it is good on her.

I'm glad you play by your favorites (I do too with stuff like Politoed or obscure stuff like Delibird) but if you want to use them competitively you have to make sure you have things to check for common threats in the standard metagame. I believe you play on Wifi so things are thankfully different from Shoddy. So... let us get to the rating...

Blaziken (male)

Moves:

Blaze Kick

Shadow Claw

Thunderpunch

Sky Uppercut

If you are going this route, I would put Choice Band in it. But as a lead, that is not so great. Things like Aerodactyl and Swampert can mess this set over 1000 times over. The two Pokemon in your team that would make better leads are Metagross and Roserade. But if you are persistent with making Blaziken your lead, then I suppose I can make a set for you...

[sprite]257[/sprite]

Blaziken @ Focus Sash

Lonely/Hasty Nature (to make Counter stronger and so that Overheat if being used is not lowered in power)

EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed

Moves:

- Counter (move tutor in FRLG's Celadon Department Store OR breed with Vigoroth who learns it at level 37 and kill two birds with one stone)

- Quick Attack

- Overheat/Protect (TM50/TM17)

- Reversal (breed with Vigoroth who learns it at level 49)

This requires you to breed and get another Blaziken... but... it is basically an anti-lead, but unfortunately you will lose to something like Infernape leads who carry Fake Out. If beating Infernape is your main priority, try using Protect on the first turn, then proceed to Counter their Close Combat and Quick Attack if they are carrying Focus Sash. It requires prediction to pull this set off, but that is using Blaziken at its best potential as a lead. Otherwise, move it away as your lead Pokemon and use it in its greater potential as a wallbreaker... like add Fire Blast and some of its special attacks since its power is high enough on both sides of the spectrum. If you insist on your physical Blaziken, I would raise its power with Choice Band, and replace Blaze Kick with Flare Blitz and use the Survival Area's move tutor to teach it Superpower over Sky Uppercut (it's a shame that they did not teach Blaziken Close Combat... I don't like Infernape X_X). You can also go Earthquake or Brave Bird as your auxiliary move to replace Shadow Claw, because let's face it. That low power on Shadow Claw does not do enough damage without STAB and Flare Blitz does more power on Psychics and Ghosts anyhow. Earthquake takes care of stuff like Occa Berry Metagross and Infernape who Blaziken REALLY wants to kill, but if you are banded, you are left helpless when some flier switches in. Brave Bird is another option but it is another kamikaze attack and does not provide much coverage. I would HATE recommending this move, but Stone Edge fits there so that stuff like Salamence can get nailed hard when they switch in. Despite that shaky accuracy thus making one of the worst moves in the game, Stone Edge can be helpful.

I have an exam to study for and this ALWAYS happens, but I will finish with the rest of your team later. Good luck.

I'm glad you play by your favorites (I do too with stuff like Politoed or obscure stuff like Delibird) but if you want to use them competitively you have to make sure you have things to check for common threats in the standard metagame. I believe you play on Wifi so things are thankfully different from Shoddy. So... let us get to the rating...

Blaziken (male)

Moves:

Blaze Kick

Shadow Claw

Thunderpunch

Sky Uppercut

If you are going this route, I would put Choice Band in it. But as a lead, that is not so great. Things like Aerodactyl and Swampert can mess this set over 1000 times over. The two Pokemon in your team that would make better leads are Metagross and Roserade. But if you are persistent with making Blaziken your lead, then I suppose I can make a set for you...

[sprite]257[/sprite]

Blaziken @ Focus Sash

Hasty Nature (to make Counter stronger)

EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed

Moves:

- Counter (move tutor in FRLG's Celadon Department Store OR breed with Vigoroth who learns it at level 37 and kill two birds with one stone)

- Quick Attack

- Overheat/Protect (TM50/TM17)

- Reversal (breed with Vigoroth who learns it at level 49)

This requires you to breed and get another Blaziken... but... it is basically an anti-lead, but unfortunately you will lose to something like Infernape leads who carry Fake Out. If beating Infernape is your main priority, try using Protect on the first turn, then proceed to Counter their Close Combat and Quick Attack if they are carrying Focus Sash. It requires prediction to pull this set off, but that is using Blaziken at its best potential as a lead. Otherwise, move it away as your lead Pokemon and use it in its greater potential as a wallbreaker... like add Fire Blast and some of its special attacks since its power is high enough on both sides of the spectrum. If you insist on your physical Blaziken, I would raise its power with Choice Band, and replace Blaze Kick with Flare Blitz and use the Survival Area's move tutor to teach it Superpower over Sky Uppercut (it's a shame that they did not teach Blaziken Close Combat... I don't like Infernape X_X). You can also go Earthquake or Brave Bird as your auxiliary move to replace Shadow Claw, because let's face it. That low power on Shadow Claw does not do enough damage without STAB and Flare Blitz does more power on Psychics and Ghosts anyhow. Earthquake takes care of stuff like Occa Berry Metagross and Infernape who Blaziken REALLY wants to kill, but if you are banded, you are left helpless when some flier switches in. Brave Bird is another option but it is another kamikaze attack and does not provide much coverage. I would HATE recommending this move, but Stone Edge fits there so that stuff like Salamence can get nailed hard when they switch in. Despite that shaky accuracy thus making one of the worst moves in the game, Stone Edge can be helpful.

I have an exam to study for and this ALWAYS happens, but I will finish with the rest of your team later. Good luck.

Well, I wouldn't actually call him my "lead", I just keep him on the top of my team roster in-game. I rarely use him to start out with, unless my opponent has a lot of dark, grass or bug types. Thank goodness the Battle Frontier and PBR let you choose the pokemon in your team that your going to send out first. When battling a friend, I always adjust my team fittingly.

I keep Blaziken's shadow claw for going up against pokemon like Gallade. Can any of Blaziken's other moves OHKO a Gallade? I'm not too sure.

I'm only able to play wifi at my friend's house. The wifi at my house isn't working, or rather I just can't connect to it.

Dude, I just have this to say. You'd be suprised.

Well, offer some evidence. What does Blaziken do against common leads? It's got a ground, psychic, and water weakness, and takes neutral from Explosion, and can't stop Taunt or Stealth Rock set up. Will it even survive the first turn if Azelf hits it with Psychci, or Aero with Earthquake?

Also. Don't diss Blaziken. I started with him. The bond between trainer and starter is very strong.

There's nothing wrong with using your favorites. But there's a difference between using a Pokemon to serve a unique purpose than using a Pokemon as a bad version of another. Blaziken is outclassed by Infernape in almost every single way. Blaziken can do what Infernape can in UU, but Ape can do everything it can in OU as well as run several different anti-lead sets.

But you may (and probably are) right about Salamence's Fly. I'll consider replacing it. Maybe.

What use is Fly? It's literally a chance for your opponent to either switch or set up. In the odd Rain Dance team, it's also a great time to use Thunder. Considering flying types only hit bug and fighting for Super Effective, one of thsoe fighting types can hit Mence in the air via No Guard.

If you use 3 UU and 3 OU, you need to make a decision of which game you want to play. You might want to look into just ditching your OU Pokes and replacing them with UU/NU so you don't have to worry about getting mauled by Scizor, Heatran, etc...

Well, I wouldn't actually call him my "lead", I just keep him on the top of my team roster in-game. I rarely use him to start out with, unless my opponent has a lot of dark, grass or bug types. Thank goodness the Battle Frontier and PBR let you choose the pokemon in your team that your going to send out first. When battling a friend, I always adjust my team fittingly.

I keep Blaziken's shadow claw for going up against pokemon like Gallade. Can any of Blaziken's other moves OHKO a Gallade? I'm not too sure.

The way you posted made me assume it was a lead. All right :/

Stone Edge still hurts Gallade anyways, and Flare Blitz does more damage on Gallade than Shadow Claw... I think it even OHKOs with a Choice Band as none of them really invests in HP or Defense unlike his twin Gardevoir. Besides you should have other counters to Gallade if he is a big concern. Metagross can handle them as long as they are not using something like Choice Band Close Combat or that evil Will-o-Wisp (!!!)

BTW the way you EV everyone, they are EVd offensively when many of them should play a slightly defensive role, like Gardevoir or Milotic. I can suggest new sets for them too if you would like, because I wonder how they fare. Also, there is something called Team Synergy... as in, how well can they support each other? If you have a team that is weak to something like, let's say, Gyarados, then that is not a good thing. You will have to find a way to deal with most things you may encounter in the standard metagame. Here is a list of Pokemon you may find quite commonly in standard metagame on Wifi (and a few others to beware of, even if not standard):

- Aerodactyl

- Alakazam

- Articuno

- Azelf

- Blastoise

- Blaziken

- Blissey

- Breloom

- Bronzong

- Celebi*

- Cresselia

- Donphan

- Dragonite

- Dugtrio

- Dusknoir

- Electivire

- Entei

- Empoleon

- Feraligatr

- Flygon

- Forretress

- Gengar

- Gliscor

- Gyarados

- Heatran

- Heracross

- Hippowdon

- Hitmonlee

- Hitmontop

- Infernape

- Jirachi*

- Jolteon

- Kingdra

- Lucario

- Ludicolo

- Machamp

- Magmortar

- Magnezone

- Mamoswine

- Marowak

- Medicham

- Metagross

- Milotic

- Mismagius

- Moltres

- Nidoking

- Nidoqueen

- Ninjask

- Porygon2

- Porygon-Z

- Raikou

- Regice

- Regirock

- Registeel

- Roserade

- Salamence

- Sceptile

- Scizor

- Shedinja

- Skarmory

- Slowbro

- Slowking

- Smeargle

- Snorlax

- Spiritomb

- Starmie

- Steelix

- Suicune

- Swampert

- Tentacruel

- Togekiss

- Tyranitar

- Vaporeon

- Venusaur

- Weavile

- Yanmega

- Zapdos

* denotes rare event Pokemon so you may not even see them. Legendaries are also not so common in Wifi if their IVs and nature are bad or something.

Edited by wraith89

The way you posted made me assume it was a lead. All right :/

Stone Edge still hurts Gallade anyways, and Flare Blitz does more damage on Gallade than Shadow Claw... I think it even OHKOs with a Choice Band as none of them really invests in HP or Defense unlike his twin Gardevoir. Besides you should have other counters to Gallade if he is a big concern. Metagross can handle them as long as they are not using something like Choice Band Close Combat or that evil Will-o-Wisp (!!!)

BTW the way you EV everyone, they are EVd offensively when many of them should play a slightly defensive role, like Gardevoir or Milotic. I can suggest new sets for them too if you would like, because I wonder how they fare. Also, there is something called Team Synergy... as in, how well can they support each other? If you have a team that is weak to something like, let's say, Gyarados, then that is not a good thing. You will have to find a way to deal with most things you may encounter in the standard metagame. Here is a list of Pokemon you may find quite commonly in standard metagame:

- Aerodactyl

- Alakazam

- Azelf

- Blissey

- Breloom

- Bronzong

- Celebi*

- Cresselia

- Donphan

- Dragonite

- Dugtrio

- Dusknoir

- Electivire

- Empoleon

- Flygon

- Forretress

- Gengar

- Gliscor

- Gyarados

- Heatran

- Heracross

- Hippowdon

- Infernape

- Jirachi*

- Jolteon

- Kingdra

- Lucario

- Machamp

- Magmortar

- Magnezone

- Metagross

- Milotic

- Moltres

- Ninjask

- Porygon2

- Porygon-Z

- Raikou

- Roserade

- Salamence

- Scizor

- Skarmory

- Smeargle

- Snorlax

- Starmie

- Suicune

- Swampert

- Tentacruel

- Togekiss

- Tyranitar

- Vaporeon

- Weavile

- Yanmega

- Zapdos

* denotes rare event Pokemon so you may not even see them. Legendaries are also not so common in Wifi if their IVs and nature are bad or something.

I have gone up against a lot of those in wifi. I haven't won every time, but I've actually done pretty well, with only a few losses.

I don't like recoil moves, so I probably won't teach Blaziken Flare Blitz. And I'm not sure about choice band, since it only allows one move. Question: would a choice band make it so Blaziken's Blaze Kick would hit for the same damage that a critical hit would? Cause if not, I probably won't use it.

And if I replace Shadow Claw, it would probably be with Stone Edge, or Earthquake to deal with Infernape.

By the way, should I replace Salamence's Fly with Earthquake, Stone Edge, or some other move?

Infernape may be better than Blaziken, but guess what? I. don't. care. Blaziken will always be on my team, and nothing anyone could ever do or say will change that. And that goes double for the rest of my team.

Hey, when you find a team that works for you, how could you ever abandon them?

Whoops forgot Mamoswine in that list... :x

But an effective team would be more than what most people can handle though. Those are main threats you should make sure you have checks for. Salamence would like Earthquake as its auxiliary move though, as it provides great coverage against steels who resist Outrage. Fire Blast is for Skarmory or Bronzong.

Recoil moves are annoying, but eventually you will realize that the extra power is usually worth it. It just is not in-game because you are fighting multiple trainers in there >.<

Would you hate it when Blaze Kick misses that OHKO you needed when it was crucial at that point... or worse, let it miss? o_o

Of course it is your decision, so I cannot change your mind.

Besides, Choice Band would be perfect because let's face it, are you leaving Blaziken in all the time? It is usually going to stay in or switch out. I believe a Choice Band Superpower is enough to OHKO Infernapes anyhow. Stone Edge should replace Shadow Claw for flying dragons like Salamence and Dragonite. CB will make Intimidate not as frightening at least, and so I believe it can even OHKO Salamence if it hits (when it switches in of course, do NOT ever leave Blaziken in Salamence unless you are SURE it is going to Dragon Dance at that turn and your Stone Edge will hit).

Critical hit does 2x damage, Choice Band raises it to 1.5x, so crits win out, but if you are depending on critical hits to get to you, then something is wrong. Unless you were facing me, the bad luck magnet, then you should not rely on critical hits.

And props for not using Infernape... I hate that guy for usurping Blaziken >.>

And if it works for you then it works. But you posted it here to be rated and fixed right? That's what we are doing... and there are some things I believe you should fix. Also, it is all right to rotate Pokemon back and forth. For example, I do not even stick with the same Pokemon all the time. I rotate them (although mostly without thought >.<) to keep my opponent guessing.

Whoops forgot Mamoswine in that list... :x

But an effective team would be more than what most people can handle though. Those are main threats you should make sure you have checks for. Salamence would like Earthquake as its auxiliary move though, as it provides great coverage against steels who resist Outrage. Fire Blast is for Skarmory or Bronzong.

Recoil moves are annoying, but eventually you will realize that the extra power is usually worth it. It just is not in-game because you are fighting multiple trainers in there >.<

Would you hate it when Blaze Kick misses that OHKO you needed when it was crucial at that point... or worse, let it miss? o_o

Of course it is your decision, so I cannot change your mind.

Besides, Choice Band would be perfect because let's face it, are you leaving Blaziken in all the time? It is usually going to stay in or switch out. I believe a Choice Band Superpower is enough to OHKO Infernapes anyhow. Stone Edge should replace Shadow Claw for flying dragons like Salamence and Dragonite. CB will make Intimidate not as frightening at least, and so I believe it can even OHKO Salamence if it hits (when it switches in of course, do NOT ever leave Blaziken in Salamence unless you are SURE it is going to Dragon Dance at that turn and your Stone Edge will hit).

Critical hit does 2x damage, Choice Band raises it to 1.5x, so crits win out, but if you are depending on critical hits to get to you, then something is wrong. Unless you were facing me, the bad luck magnet, then you should not rely on critical hits.

And props for not using Infernape... I hate that guy for usurping Blaziken >.>

And if it works for you then it works. But you posted it here to be rated and fixed right? That's what we are doing... and there are some things I believe you should fix. Also, it is all right to rotate Pokemon back and forth. For example, I do not even stick with the same Pokemon all the time. I rotate them (although mostly without thought >.<) to keep my opponent guessing.

Okay, I'll teach Salamence Earthquake. I'll just use my extra Swellow when I need to Fly.

I not only like Blaze Kick's high crit ratio, but also because it is Blaziken's signiture move and looks uber cool on PBR. And like I said before, no recoil. and it only has 5 less accuracy than FLare Blitz, not too much of a difference.

Also, when I battle other players, I always keep my cool and don't get mad (maybe a little annoyed, but never mad). If I lose, I lose, and usually ask for a rematch. I mean, Pokemon battles are all about having fun, right?

I posted for help, but I did not say I would take all of it. I'm posting for suggestions, but I'm not making it so every suggestion is set in stone.

I also rotate pokemon back and forth, but when I use pokemon on my team, I use my whole team.

Okay, I'll teach Salamence Earthquake. I'll just use my extra Swellow when I need to Fly.

I not only like Blaze Kick's high crit ratio, but also because it is Blaziken's signiture move and looks uber cool on PBR. And like I said before, no recoil. and it only has 5 less accuracy than FLare Blitz, not too much of a difference.

I posted for help, but I did not say I would take allof it. I'm posting for suggestions, but I'm not making it so every suggestion is set in stone.

I also rotate pokemon back and forth, but when I use pokemon on my team, I use my whole team.

Sometimes it does make a difference. By the way, Blaze Kick used to be its signature move but now with breeding things like Hitmonlee, Lucario and Infernape (WHY?!) can get it. But if that is your preference, so be it. I myself tend to avoid recoil moves (I use Return over Double Edge on Pidgeot for example), but sometimes I switch over to it when I feel the original move it had was not doing enough damage.

And we are giving some suggestions from what we have experienced, no need to be so pushy. I am not even telling you to take all of them, but feel free to adjust to whatever is your taste, just MAKE SURE it works >.>

And we will have to get to your team's lack of Stealth Rocks and their subpar EV spread for the most part, but wait on that.

Also, when I battle other players, I always keep my cool and don't get mad (maybe a little annoyed, but never mad). If I lose, I lose, and usually ask for a rematch. I mean, Pokemon battles are all about having fun, right?

Good. We need more players like you then. But after a match, I hope you learn of your weaknesses and FIX accordingly. Obviously there is no perfect team; every team has a weakness. But to adjust to glaring weakness is key.

and it only has 5 less accuracy than FLare Blitz, not too much of a difference.

I posted for help, but I did not say I would take all of it. I'm posting for suggestions, but I'm not making it so every suggestion is set in stone.

5 accuracy is a lot, when you consider that your fire move will be your primary STAB, and you'll use it quite a bit. I've had plenty of games ruined by 85 and 90 accuracy moves.

If you're going to post here, you might as well take the advice.

I can help you test out your team later on shoddy, just give me a PM.

5 accuracy is a lot, when you consider that your fire move will be your primary STAB, and you'll use it quite a bit. I've had plenty of games ruined by 85 and 90 accuracy moves.

In what universe is 5 a big number? Blaze Kick hits a whole lot for me.

And maybe its not Blaziken's signiture move anymore, but in my eyes it is. Plus its the move that made him famous.

Infernape may be better than Blaziken, but guess what? I. don't. care. Blaziken will always be on my team, and nothing anyone could ever do or say will change that. And that goes double for the rest of my team.

Hey, when you find a team that works for you, how could you ever abandon them?

If you respond to well thought out points on why Infernape is better than Blaziken in this situation by "I don't care" (as well as many other points with the same TLDR response), it shows you are not open to having your team criticizied.

You are intentionally putting yourself at a disadvantage. If you can come up with a justification for your team, IE a reason that your Blaziken set is better than Infernape, and more importantly is doing something Ape can't do, then great. But you reject very sound advice with little to no thought.

You're not looking to have this rated. Stop posting here unless you are willing to listen.

Hm he does want to use Blaziken though, I do not see anything wrong with that. The one advantage here is that it hits harder (but it is slower, which is a bad thing).

And Goldtrainer, 5 actually DOES have a huge effect... for some people, especially me. Look for suggestions in this post eventually where I will fix the EV spread for some of your Pokemon.

Hm he does want to use Blaziken though, I do not see anything wrong with that. The one advantage here is that it hits harder (but it is slower, which is a bad thing).

It's slower (as you point out) and in this speed fast game, that's very important. As a lead, it serves no purpose at all. And with every other team using SR, and his isn't, he has a perfect slot for Ape as a Fake Out-SR lead.

It hits harder, but what good is it if most of the other Pokemon it goes against outspeed it and will OHKO it?

It's not that he can't use Blazieken, he can do whatever he wants. But in OU, Blaziken needs to be different than poor-man's Infernape, and his set is not.

(if you wanna continue conversing, mind taking it to VM/PM? Thanks)

It's slower (as you point out) and in this speed fast game, that's very important. As a lead, it serves no purpose at all. And with every other team using SR, and his isn't, he has a perfect slot for Ape as a Fake Out-SR lead.

It hits harder, but what good is it if most of the other Pokemon it goes against outspeed it and will OHKO it?

It's not that he can't use Blazieken, he can do whatever he wants. But in OU, Blaziken needs to be different than poor-man's Infernape, and his set is not.

(if you wanna continue conversing, mind taking it to VM/PM? Thanks)

He mentioned it isn't his lead (despite how he positioned it in the RMT). But yeah I know Infernape is superior to Blaziken in many ways thanks to its movepool and speed, but some people rather use Blaziken out of favoritism or whatnot and as long as their team supports its usage, then its fine (personally I would go mixscarf Blaziken in OU). His team doesn't really do much of that though, so I guess we could discuss about this later then.