[Resolved] Fire Red - Need help for debugging a save.

Vladcik

Hi !

I need some help to correct a save from a friend.

He gave me a Fire Red in order to fix an issue he has for years now. Back then, he used Action Replay codes, and in the end, gave him a weird bug :

No way to enter in the Elite 4 (see screenshot)

1612304736_bugstuck.png.d213eb86581fa923cb3256b70401bb18.png

He can move forwards, backwards (logic here), the character is stuck to that tile.

I checked all the checksums, it works. Checking the Event Flags, Deoxys is here (it was the code used from what my friend says), but unchecked or not, doesn't change anything.
Since i'd like to AVOID to recreate a save, is there any solution / thing to try  ?

Thanks o/

1 hour ago, Vladcik said:

Hi !

I need some help to correct a save from a friend.

He gave me a Fire Red in order to fix an issue he has for years now. Back then, he used Action Replay codes, and in the end, gave him a weird bug :

No way to enter in the Elite 4 (see screenshot)

1612304736_bugstuck.png.d213eb86581fa923cb3256b70401bb18.png

He can move forwards, backwards (logic here), the character is stuck to that tile.

I checked all the checksums, it works. Checking the Event Flags, Deoxys is here (it was the code used from what my friend says), but unchecked or not, doesn't change anything.
Since i'd like to AVOID to recreate a save, is there any solution / thing to try  ?

Thanks o/

While I can't conclusively be certain it'll work, here goes nothing:
Copy over a block from another save, that has the coordinates of the player (that is not in a bugged location).
This block likely contains OT/TID/SID of the donor save, so use PKHeX to fix that (as well as checksums)

If you have no idea how to do that, upload the save, and perhaps I can get to it in my free time.

• Like 1

Heyah  !

Well, even if i've some knowledge about this kind of stuff, i can't find the offsets for these, especially with Game Save A or B.
If you are short with your time, just pointing me where to search / go for this one. I've the block for OT/TID/SID but i don't find any coordinates around these.

I'll DM you the save if you need to.

Thanks o/

Edited by Vladcik

For those curious, my method worked (I got the player to Indigo Plateau, able to move around freely),
unless the player gets stuck in E4 again (meaning their E4 is bugged?), this matter is resolved.

edit: Apparently running in still caused it to get stuck, so this time I copied over the block that holds my event flags.
Able to clear E4 no problem now, officially resolved this time.

• theSLAYER changed the title to [Resolved] Fire Red - Need help for debugging a save.