Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Heartless

Couple question on game sync / global link ban

Recommended Posts

Good Day everyone;

 

so i recently bought a copy of ultra sun after finishing moon. Now im currently playing on citra cause it makes it easier to use pkhex and not having to copy the save files between my 3ds and my pc all the time. Now i have some question if the following things gets me banned:

 

1. unlocking all clothes, i did them legit on moon but cant be arsed to farm the plaza for the coins again to get ultramoon exclusive clothes

2. adding every pokemon (legality checked ofc) to the game BEFORE copying the save on my 3ds and going online for the first time - would i get a ban if i have all pokemon before doing my first game sync

3. using the "complete pokedex" option in pkhex (since it also adds seen shiny on shiny locked pokemon)

4. adding even pokemon via mystery gift databse BEFORE even going online my 3ds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Heartless said:

1. unlocking all clothes, i did them legit on moon but cant be arsed to farm the plaza for the coins again to get ultramoon exclusive clothes

Uncertain how that works. Given there's an All Legal option, I would assume it's fine.
If you're worried, you could probably find a save with the clothes legally obtained and we could work out some way to stitch it into your save.

19 hours ago, Heartless said:

2. adding every pokemon (legality checked ofc) to the game BEFORE copying the save on my 3ds and going online for the first time - would i get a ban if i have all pokemon before doing my first game sync

Supposedly no. As far as we can tell they don't really check the saves beyond illegal items, illegal species etc.

But in the future, who knows, maybe yes? Technically, your save tracks Trades and Captures.
If you think about that with those 2 stats in mind, it'll be weird for a random Pokémon to appear without any trades or captures.
(I'm not sure if Pokébank deposits/withdraws are recorded)

Also, another way to get banned is to Game Sync with different region settings.
Originally, my save and 3DS was JP region, but I accidentally Game Sync'd when my device region was set to EU.
That led the save being banned on PGL.

19 hours ago, Heartless said:

3. using the "complete pokedex" option in pkhex (since it also adds seen shiny on shiny locked pokemon)

You probably should use Caught All instead of Complete Pokédex, since Complete Pokédex also adds shiny-locked species,
if I'm not mistaken. IF Game Sync checks for Illegal species, that'll be an easy catch.

To note, even back in Gen 4, users with impossible Pokédex entries could use GTS, but their deposits wouldn't show up for other players.
Hence, the idea for such a check being done isn't that far-fetched..

19 hours ago, Heartless said:

4. adding even pokemon via mystery gift databse BEFORE even going online my 3ds

Not a problem; you could have received that Pokémon via local trade.
As I said earlier, as far as we know Game Sync presently doesn't try to account for the amount of Pokémon a save contains and how the number increases, but that could change in the future. (which in that case.. just increase the trade counter by 1)
---------

As usual, use at your own risk.
If you can't accept the risk, don't use it XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Uncertain how that works. Given there's an All Legal option, I would assume it's fine.
If you're worried, you could probably find a save with the clothes legally obtained and we could work out some way to stitch it into your save.

Supposedly no. As far as we can tell they don't really check the saves beyond illegal items, illegal species etc.

But in the future, who knows, maybe yes? Technically, your save tracks Trades and Captures.
If you think about that with those 2 stats in mind, it'll be weird for a random Pokémon to appear without any trades or captures.
(I'm not sure if Pokébank deposits/withdraws are recorded)

Also, another way to get banned is to Game Sync with different region settings.
Originally, my save and 3DS was JP region, but I accidentally Game Sync'd when my device region was set to EU.
That led the save being banned on PGL.

You probably should use Caught All instead of Complete Pokédex, since Complete Pokédex also adds shiny-locked species,
if I'm not mistaken. IF Game Sync checks for Illegal species, that'll be an easy catch.

To note, even back in Gen 4, users with impossible Pokédex entries could use GTS, but their deposits wouldn't show up for other players.
Hence, the idea for such a check being done isn't that far-fetched..

Not a problem; you could have received that Pokémon via local trade.
As I said earlier, as far as we know Game Sync presently doesn't try to account for the amount of Pokémon a save contains and how the number increases, but that could change in the future. (which in that case.. just increase the trade counter by 1)
---------

As usual, use at your own risk.
If you can't accept the risk, don't use it XD

thanks for the detailed response

 

what do you mean with:

 

"Also, another way to get banned is to Game Sync with different region settings.
Originally, my save and 3DS was JP region, but I accidentally Game Sync'd when my device region was set to EU.
That led the save being banned on PGL."

 

you mean game syncing twice with different region settings or using your savegame and saving on 2 different region settings  ? cause my citra (i just checked) is set to united states while my 3ds is in europe. Would i get banned for that ? or  just if i synced my 3ds then synced again after changing my region via cfw ?

 

Edit: also tried the caught all option in pkhex, it still checkmarks the shiny locked pokemon as seen as shiny

Edited by Heartless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Heartless said:

Also, another way to get banned is to Game Sync with different region settings.
Originally, my save and 3DS was JP region, but I accidentally Game Sync'd when my device region was set to EU.
That led the save being banned on PGL."

Luma3DS allows for region spoofing for the 3DS. Typically this only matters for receiving Mystery Gifts of different regions. I forgot to change back my region when I did a Game Sync.

7 hours ago, Heartless said:

Edit: also tried the caught all option in pkhex, it still checkmarks the shiny locked pokemon as seen as shiny

If so, you could uncheckmark those yourself. The shiny lock list isn’t huge, just make sure you uncheck shiny locked species and impossible species.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Luma3DS allows for region spoofing for the 3DS. Typically this only matters for receiving Mystery Gifts of different regions. I forgot to change back my region when I did a Game Sync.

If so, you could uncheckmark those yourself. The shiny lock list isn’t huge, just make sure you uncheck shiny locked species and impossible species.

so me just SAVING on a us configured citra (i set it to eu now) is gucci ?

and yeah guess i have to do that

 

thanks for taking your time to help me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Heartless said:

so me just SAVING on a us configured citra (i set it to eu now) is gucci ? 

Gucci? Lol.

In any case, saving on Citra configured to another region isn't a problem.
The game save changes region whenever you use the save on a different device, so it's not a problem.

The problem is Game Syncing while on a different region device.
Just save the game on the device with the same region as originally Game Sync'd, THEN proceed to Game Sync, and it should be all good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Gucci? Lol.

In any case, saving on Citra configured to another region isn't a problem.
The game save changes region whenever you use the save on a different device, so it's not a problem.

The problem is Game Syncing while on a different region device.
Just save the game on the device with the same region as originally Game Sync, THEN proceed to Game Sync, and it should be all good.

ok thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...