VC Celebi on emulator

gorilagrg

Hello, i was  wondering if there's a way to get VC Celebi on emulator, i tried to dump the VC Rom and got it working but after beating the league i didn't get the event on goldenrod poke center, it looks like that the patch for the GS Ball is not already injected on the rom but on one of the files of the game, is there a way to inject the event and make it work exactly as the VC version?

The VC core rom is the same as the cartridge version, with the key reason being the patches were bundled with the rom.

thing is, most emulators can only run the core rom, and not the patches.

just use Pokémon Crystal cheat codes to activate the event; encountering the Celebi would be the same. (Celebi’s encounter was programmed into the English version, however it went unused. The code just reactivates it)

alternatively, you can grab our Celebi pk2 file and inject it into your save. Should be in downloads/in game series/generation 2

8 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

The VC core rom is the same as the cartridge version, with the key reason being the patches were bundled with the rom.

thing is, most emulators can only run the core rom, and not the patches.

just use Pokémon Crystal cheat codes to activate the event; encountering the Celebi would be the same. (Celebi’s encounter was programmed into the English version, however it went unused. The code just reactivates it)

alternatively, you can grab our Celebi pk2 file and inject it into your save. Should be in downloads/in game series/generation 2

yeah, i imagined that, when i extracted the cia there were several .patch files, i know that there's a way to get the even via cheat code or get the celebi via pk2 ( i already did this) and i also managed to load a save from the VC version on the emulator with the event and it loaded it just like the VC Game, maybe there's a way to discover what patch file is the one that contains the event and either, inject the event to the save or the rom

17 minutes ago, gorilagrg said:

maybe there's a way to discover what patch file is the one that contains the event and either, inject the event to the save or the rom

it's tedious, it's not worth the effort, especially when it does the same thing when players use a cheat code.

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

it's tedious, it's not worth the effort, especially when it does the same thing when players use a cheat code.

yeah, i can imagine it, even extracting the CIA to get the rom was a bit tedious, anyway i hope this catches the interest of somebody at any point and manages to pull it off, since the event from the vc version is a little different from the one of the cheat code

The event is exactly the same. As I said, the event was already preprogrammed, so all the patch or cheat code did was activate the event.
Granted, it might have activated the event at a different point in the event, but ultimately:
1. receive GS Ball from nurse
2. bring GS ball to kurt
3. Kurt fixed the ball in a day
4. Bring ball to shrine encounter Celebi.

I'm aware that there's a code that skips to step 3, which might be the one you have in mind.
I'm pretty sure a code starting from step 1 exists, just google it.
(I found this code
010B3CBE at this thread, first on Google)

ADDITIONALLY:
PKHeX is capable of activating the event via save editing, without using cheat codes:

image.png

Anyway that's that. If anyone is interested in humoring this request, PM me to unlock this thread. :)

• Thanks 1