Batch Editor

Odaxis

Hey there.

I just recently sat down to learn how to USE PKHeX's Batch Editor.

I have 728 PK files to edit with it. All legal prior to editing. I'm editing in New trainer details and making sure all the files match the Ultra Moon OT data.

After editing, all the files now show Illegal until they have the legality check ran then they show as legal.

I spoke with Sabresite and he said it was some form of deferred legality check

Is there any way to avoid this check? The whole reason for me to use the batch editor is to make simple legal changes

The string I'm using

.PID=$shiny
.CurrentLevel=100
.CurrentFriendship=255
.HeldItem=Master Ball
.Language=2
.Country=18
.Region=7
.ConsoleRegion=1
.Version=33
.Met_Location=24
.Ball=Poké Ball
.Met_Level=1
.MetDate=20180101
.Egg_Location=60002
.Egg_Year=18
.Egg_Month=1
.Egg_Day=1
.IV_HP=31
.IV_ATK=31
.IV_DEF=31
.IV_SPA=31
.IV_SPD=31
.IV_SPE=31
.EV_HP=0
.EV_ATK=0
.EV_DEF=0
.EV_SPA=0
.EV_SPD=0
.EV_SPE=0
.TID=Removed
.SID=Removed
.OT_Name=Odaxis
.OT_Gender=2
.HT_Name=Odaxis
.HT_Gender=2
.OT_Memory=0
.HT_Memory=0

31 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

you can check legality from boxes directly by holding control when right clicking the slot

This allowed me to see where the errors were.

Gender values were off which caused the error. a followup batch edit with the correct values for OT and HT (in this case 0 instead of 2) corrected the problem

Not sure if it's possible but is there any way you can configure the batch editor to run a check for illegal values or is that not something that could be coded

8 minutes ago, Odaxis said:

This allowed me to see where the errors were.

Gender values were off which caused the error. a followup batch edit with the correct values for OT and HT (in this case 0 instead of 2) corrected the problem

Not sure if it's possible but is there any way you can configure the batch editor to run a check for illegal values or is that not something that could be coded

It's doing exactly what you instructed it to do; there's no point preventing users from forcing unusual values.

There's too many permutations to be able to have to program figure out if X change makes pkm invalid 100% of the time.