Kadabra problems

BeyondTheHorizon

Hi, Kadabra is another Pokémon that holds a different held item when traded to Gen 2 depending on whether you're playing Red and Blue or Yellow. It has a 5% encounter rate in the wild on Route 8 in Yellow, at Levels 20 and 27.

I generated two Kadabra, one at Level 20 and one at 27. I used the Batch Editor to change both their catch rates to 96, which is the special catch rate wild Kadabra have in Yellow to hold a TwistedSpoon when traded to Gen 2. When I imported them into my Crystal save, the Level 27 Kadabra held a TwistedSpoon as expected but the Level 20 one held a Berry.

Also, despite the fact that Kadabra can be found in the wild in Yellow, PKHeX is complaining that it is unable to match an encounter from the origin game.

I'm an idiot again, I realised that the reason why the Level 20 Kadabra is holding a Berry is because I saved over it after batch editing.

However, the "unable to match an encounter from origin game" warning still stands.

I can also confirm that Dragonair—which has a 10% encounter rate at Level 15 in Yellow while fishing with the Super Rod in the central area of the Safari Zone—has the same warning. It's another Pokémon whose catch rate differs from Red/Blue and Yellow.

Edited by BeyondTheHorizon

I noticed that while editing Kadabra's catch rate to 96 correctly produces a TwistedSpoon when imported to Gen 2, it resets to 100 when I leave the Batch Editor. It also resets for Dragonair, but does not happen with the Yellow Pikachu. I'm a complete amateur at the Batch Editor but I was able to get it to work for the Yellow Pikachu. Is the resetting thing a bug, or I am doing something wrong again?

4 hours ago, BeyondTheHorizon said:

I have discovered that the catch rate can be edited correctly when tradeback learnsets are allowed, though it is flagged as illegal if they are disallowed. Is this correct? I'm pretty confused as to when tradeback learnsets should be allowed and when they shouldn't.

Loading the pkm to tabs then saving causes the catch rate to update if not matching its Red/Blue evo chain values.

The tradeback feature is for enforcing a Gen1 only metagame/checking.

32 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Loading the pkm to tabs then saving causes the catch rate to update if not matching its Red/Blue evo chain values.

The tradeback feature is for enforcing a Gen1 only metagame/checking.

Thanks for the information. Hopefully I can end this multi-post topic now. Sorry for bothering you with it all.