Bug: Gen 1 Pokémon invalid while tradeback learnsets disallowed unless you hop between a pre-evolution and back again

BeyondTheHorizon

Hi, sorry for the second report, but while I was doing my head in over the importing to Gen 2 thing, I discovered that a Pokémon that cannot be caught in the wild in Gen 1 e.g. Pidgeot will be seen as illegal while tradeback learnsets are disallowed, with the following message:

Invalid: Unable to match an encounter from origin game. Invalid: Catch rate match species without encounters. Expected a preevolution catch rate.

However, when I changed the Pidgeot to Pidgey or Pidgeotto, it became legal and when I changed it back to Pidgeot, it stayed legal. I presume it has something to do with the fact that Pidgey and Pidgeotto can be found in the wild in Gen 1, but Pidgeot cannot.

Edited by BeyondTheHorizon
Added "while tradeback learnsets are disallowed" in post

Not a bug, working as intended.

The catch rate for a hacked PKM is only overwritten if the current catch rate does not match any of its evo chain; if it needs updating, it uses the current species.

Hacking a Pidgeot straight will cause the catch rate to be Pidgeot's; you need to force it down to Pidgey/Pidgeotto then evolve it (either ingame or via PKHeX).