Unable to use latest pkhex builds on mac

Twin Chief

This might be a real noob thread, and if there's already posted a solution to this, just send me in that direction and close this thread. 
Anyway, here's the thing: I cant get the latest builds of pkhex (found on teamcity) to run.
When trying to run the merged build, I get a fatal non UI error. If  I try to use the unmerged build, I get asked to download .net 46 (which doesn't make any sense on a mac).
So what Im wondering is if there's something Im supposed to do with the builds before trying launch it in Wine, or is it just not compatible with Wine yet? ( I've had zero issues with launching the regular versions of pkhex in Wine before.)
Or is there something wrong with Wine? 

Edited by Twin Chief

Thanks for the super quick reply! 

I just tried, and it told me that I need .net 4.6 and then takes me to a windows page for downloading. I guess at this point the problem lays with me being a noob, but how am I able to "upgrade" Wine to use .net 4.6?

I take it back. (not the community part) PKHex startet by itself while I installed mono, but somehow it was the 17.10.17 version without any new mons, so I closed it again to try to open the mono build. After closing PKHex, Im unable to open it again. Not that I really know to open the exe file with mono anyway. Do I need som other program as well. (I uninstalled Wine, as that was the only existing option to open exe files, hoping that would make a mono alternative appear. No such luck.) 

15 hours ago, Twin Chief said:

I take it back. (not the community part) PKHex startet by itself while I installed mono, but somehow it was the 17.10.17 version without any new mons, so I closed it again to try to open the mono build. After closing PKHex, Im unable to open it again. Not that I really know to open the exe file with mono anyway. Do I need som other program as well. (I uninstalled Wine, as that was the only existing option to open exe files, hoping that would make a mono alternative appear. No such luck.) 

The way I do it is to right click > Mono

1 hour ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

The way I do it is to right click > Mono

Then I dont think it installed correctly, cause I dont have that option, not even if i press the "more options" button. I just upgraded to High Sierra, will chech if that makes any difference.

13 minutes ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

But you said it did work before, so maybe try to retrace your steps?

Yeah, it did open for a brief period of time midway through the first installation of mono, but thinking back Im pretty sure it opened in Wine. And Wine wont even open the 171017 stable version of PKHeX atm. One of the older versions work like a charm tho. I really have no idea at this point :o Will try some more random thinkering. Im guessing that there's a fundamental difference in the build method of the newer and older version that's the cause of the problem. Not that I know what it is. I tried winebottling the official version with .net 46, thinking that would solve it. But that app just bounces a couple of times, then deactivates. Every single time. 

Edit: Here's from the error report, if anyones able to dumb this down:  
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Program.GetFrameworkVersion()
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Program.Main()
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type

Edited by Twin Chief