Instant Messaging Clients

Okami

What do you use, and why do you use it?

For the past several years I have been using an old copy of my dad's Trillian 3.1 Pro. A few days ago I upgraded to the current Trillian Astra 4.0 because of it's new add-on features. Because I am a previous Pro user, I get a 30-day trial of the Astra "Pro" :)

Trillian Astra is like a mega-IM provider. Here it supports AOL Instant Messenger, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, MyspaceIM, Facebook Chat, ICQ, IRC, Skype, Twitter, as well as some other things that were not familiar to me.

I only use a handful of these things. I find Astra the best client in my interest because of my friends' inability to simply choose one client and stick with it, as a result I have MSN/Y!/AOL. With the new integration of Facebook Chat, it's much simpler to contact people from there (Anyone on facebook understands the horrors of the chat) Plus I am a moderator on an IRC (Although I am getting a winsock error--10061, and am currently working to fix it) and am soon hoping to get a Skype. Integration is a beautiful thing! But through this program, I am able to connect to every single one of my users through Astra to the outside world. :)

Again I ask, what do you use, and why?

MSN. It's the first one I've used and I've stuck with it. I also like the Plus! features and the amount of customization.

I also use Trillian (free version) on the side for my friends who use AIM... It's file sending feature is pretty bad though. :P I tried to stick with only Trillian but I couldn't get away from MSN.