Itching for a battle here...

I'm looking for somebody to battle with, & I need some experience in online battles first (I've only ever won one online battle so far).

Can someone battle me so that way I can get used to online battling? I've got a decent team on me.

Please note I'm on Pokémon Omega Ruby so make sure you use a Gen VI game when you go to challenge me...

Edited by coltonsmogon

• 3 weeks later...

I could, maybe. I haven't touched this game in ages, and I have X and Y version. Unfortunately, I am unable to use the exclusive Megas that ORAS has. Most likely I'm available after I am finished with finals, and that is probably in the middle of May. Have you tried that cancerous thing you call Pokemon Showdown for practice runs?

On 4/30/2017 at 4:43 PM, wraith89 said:

I could, maybe. I haven't touched this game in ages, and I have X and Y version. Unfortunately, I am unable to use the exclusive Megas that ORAS has. Most likely I'm available after I am finished with finals, and that is probably in the middle of May. Have you tried that cancerous thing you call Pokemon Showdown for practice runs?

I have. I find that it's rather meh, & thus I refrain from using it (the bloody tiers are garbage & Mega Metagross is being suspect tested by them) :S
And also, you sir need to get yourself ORAS if you don't have it already (2 of my mains are ORAS-only Megas...)

Edited by coltonsmogon

I don't play Smogon rules nowadays unless someone tells me they want that. In Asia it's basically free for all, except super legendaries. I've got people angry at me for using Minimise Mud Bomb Chansey... so for your sake I won't do something stupid like that.

I'd rather not get ORAS though. It's a waste of a game in my opinion, even though a lot of Megas I like would come from ORAS. I got disillusioned by their treatment of the single player campaigns recently to be quite honest. But somehow I have Moon version, which is even worse.

Which Megas are these, may I ask?

9 hours ago, wraith89 said:

I don't play Smogon rules nowadays unless someone tells me they want that. In Asia it's basically free for all, except super legendaries. I've got people angry at me for using Minimise Mud Bomb Chansey... so for your sake I won't do something stupid like that.

I'd rather not get ORAS though. It's a waste of a game in my opinion, even though a lot of Megas I like would come from ORAS. I got disillusioned by their treatment of the single player campaigns recently to be quite honest. But somehow I have Moon version, which is even worse.

Which Megas are these, may I ask?

I'm perfectly fine with that particular Chansey BTW... or any other crazy setup for that matter :P
These two Megas are: Mega Metagross & Mega Glalie. Watch out for my Articuno though...

Articuno is my favourite Pokemon. Hmmm. Is it the type that Absolute Zeroes? Those are fun. 

I do agree with the western conception that depending on luck kind of trivialises the game, and I feel like things like Double Team are a waste of moveslot when you cannot fit any. But in any other cases, some of that luck is fun and makes things unpredictable. I had strange luck in the past as well which made me win games I shouldn't have won, and lose games I should have won.

Maybe I should get ORAS at some point because I don't know any equivalent Megas one can use to replace any of those two. I'm also eager to use Mega Pidgeot. But for now, if you wanted to battle or something, I can only use XY stuff :/

1 hour ago, wraith89 said:

Articuno is my favourite Pokemon. Hmmm. Is it the type that Absolute Zeroes? Those are fun. 

I do agree with the western conception that depending on luck kind of trivialises the game, and I feel like things like Double Team are a waste of moveslot when you cannot fit any. But in any other cases, some of that luck is fun and makes things unpredictable. I had strange luck in the past as well which made me win games I shouldn't have won, and lose games I should have won.

Maybe I should get ORAS at some point because I don't know any equivalent Megas one can use to replace any of those two. I'm also eager to use Mega Pidgeot. But for now, if you wanted to battle or something, I can only use XY stuff :/

Is it now? Hmmm, this could get interesting. Is it OK if I use a Zygarde with Thousand Arrows/Waves, or the debugging Eternal Flower Floette? Not sure if it's needed because of them both being unused moves (save for transfer into S/M, learning the 2 moves, then transferring back, still in 50% form to XYORAS) & the Floette having Fusion Bolt/Haze for some reason :S... Although this'll get challenging with X/Y (might need my Giratina for this battle (tanky ghost wall FTW)).

Edited by coltonsmogon

I think we ought to keep things as legal as possible, because not everyone would accept that.

If you want me to be a punching bag though go on ahead. They're legal in Sun Moon though (at least Zygarde is).

So you do not care whether we use super legendaries or not I presume. In general battles we don't use those. I guess that means I'll have to start using something of that sort as well to even the level out.

2 hours ago, wraith89 said:

I think we ought to keep things as legal as possible, because not everyone would accept that.

If you want me to be a punching bag though go on ahead. They're legal in Sun Moon though (at least Zygarde is).

So you do not care whether we use super legendaries or not I presume. In general battles we don't use those. I guess that means I'll have to start using something of that sort as well to even the level out.

At least it'll make the match fair, I have to agree on that. (And I'm alright with your decision on the Floette being in the match :P)
It seems you're alright with Thousand Arrows/Waves being on Zygarde as well, since it's legal in some form.

Edited by coltonsmogon

3 hours ago, coltonsmogon said:

At least it'll make the match fair, I have to agree on that. (And I'm alright with your decision on the Floette being in the match :P)
It seems you're alright with Thousand Arrows/Waves being on Zygarde as well, since it's legal in some form.

No, Zygarde with Thousand Arrows/Waves is not legal in any way in XYORAS as far as I remember. It's legal in SM. Just play without your handicaps and play like a normal person. I don't know if that Floette was even released, so I cannot speak of its legality.

I'll be done with finals after next week Wednesday. There's still plenty of mons usable in XY even if your choice megas are not, unfortunately.

Also SM does allow Mega Metagross and Glalie, whenever you may want to get that. They're not the best of games either, however.

3 hours ago, wraith89 said:

I'll be done with finals after next week Wednesday. There's still plenty of mons usable in XY even if your choice megas are not, unfortunately.

Also SM does allow Mega Metagross and Glalie, whenever you may want to get that. They're not the best of games either, however.

I know. Thunder Wave's down to 90% accuracy, Dark Void's been nerfed, & plenty of other things I can't seem to comprehend with :S

5 hours ago, coltonsmogon said:

I know. Thunder Wave's down to 90% accuracy, Dark Void's been nerfed, & plenty of other things I can't seem to comprehend with :S

Get used to the new mechanics then. Some changes I do not like, but I just came to live with it. Things like that is probably for the better, because Thundurus Prankster TWave was disgusting. One thing I disliked about Gen 6 was the nerfing of special attacks, and these things come to pass because Gamefreak thinks they balance for doubles, but they generally seem clueless overall. I have a lot to say about the guys in charge of this game, but saying stuff will not do anything.

But if you would like, we can have quick battles within this week, though I should be studying.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

Is this on XYORAS or S/M? For XYORAS I'll need your FC/IGN...

Oh right. This board purged my FC information. I'll need yours too.

State your stipulations and whatnot. Since you do not have SM I will use XY.

4613-7526-1652

Name me whatever you want.