PKHeX wrapping on Mac (winebottler)

D365

Hi guys, so I've been trying to install the latest version (17.01.28) on my Mac using wine bottler, but to no avail. I managed it successfully with the last version of PKHeX, but this time the wrapper simply refuses to complete the launch when I double-click the .app file. Is there anybody here who could help me go through the steps please? Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, jasenyoface said:

im trying to wrap it at this moment. 

Cheers man, where will you be uploading it?

And is there a way to completely remove winebottler from your computer as I feel that maybe installing from scratch would help.

1 hour ago, D365 said:

Cheers man, where will you be uploading it?

And is there a way to completely remove winebottler from your computer as I feel that maybe installing from scratch would help.

1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

The posted download is for windows, there's a Mono build option if you're targeting Linux/Mac.

Hey @D365 the Mono build is the way to go on this apparently.  I wish you luck.

2 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

The posted download is for windows, there's a Mono build option if you're targeting Linux/Mac.

The standard .exe build does not seem to work when I put it into Terminal, is there a different file that I have to download?

6 hours ago, D365 said:

The standard .exe build does not seem to work when I put it into Terminal, is there a different file that I have to download?

from this link https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX  scroll to the bottom and follow the instructions. 

****"IDE

PKHeX can be opened with IDEs such as Visual Studio or MonoDevelop by opening the .sln or .csproj file.

GNU/Linux

"Install MonoDevelop and Mono runtime with flatpak install --user --from https://download.mono-project.com/repo/monodevelop.flatpakref. GNU/Linux is not the main Operating System of developers of this program so there may be bugs; some may come from non GNU/Linux specific code of Mono (so developers using *BSD, Windows and OS X should be able to reproduce them)."****

So...

Download MonoDevelop

Download Mono

And finally, download the LinuxMono build of PKHeX from this link:

http://teamcity.projectpokemon.org/viewLog.html?buildId=153&tab=artifacts&buildTypeId=PKHeX_BuildLinuxMono

All credit must go to @Kaphotics 

Edited by jasenyoface

Thanks for the links, unfortunately I know nothing about Mono though... I honestly don't know where to start.

EDIT: I was being an idiot last night, trying to force a bottle wrapper when I really didn't need it. I didn't know wine has gotten this easy since I last used it some number of years ago. It's like plug and play!

Edited by D365
Topic is pretty much redundant since I (vaguely) know how wine works now.