A few Questions regarding PKHEX

Aryan

PKHaX_2017-01-07_04-53-59.png

I have been away for quite a while and just recently got back into genning and playing my pokemon games. 
Firstly I'd like to congratulate everyone who were responsible for bringing back projectpokemon!! You guys are awesome. Secondly a big congrats to Kaphotics for his updated version of pkhex!! 
I love it, its easier than before but i have a few questions before i go on about experimenting and ruining my save.. 

1. in the above screenshot you can see event constant.. could someone explain me the role this "custom" option plays for the Tapu pokemon and the starters? lets say i choose custom for starter and choose like 453 number.. what will happen? apparently you can choose anything between 0-65535. 

2. Under event flags, as you can see there is a check mark for received gift Cosmog. I never got cosmog.. i have just finished my third trial on the second island i think.. cosmog is still in that girl's bag who keeps getting lost!! so whats the deal with that?

3. Under tools--data--mystery gift database.. what exactly is it? what is a mystery gift database and how do i update it with new mystery gifts? 

i think this is it for now.. Any help regarding these issues will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks and a very happy new year to all of you. 

cheers

PKHaX_2017-01-07_04-31-10.png

Edited by Aryan

1. 0-65535

2. Flag descriptions can be misleading if you haven't completed the story. The game turns off certain events so that you don't encounter them until relevant to the story. Unflagging things allows you to re-encounter.

3. A database of event distributions; PKHeX can convert to pkm for you. You can always add to this yourself by creating an "mgdb" folder in the same folder as PKHeX.exe, and put any gift in the folder.

6 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

1. 0-65535

2. Flag descriptions can be misleading if you haven't completed the story. The game turns off certain events so that you don't encounter them until relevant to the story. Unflagging things allows you to re-encounter.

3. A database of event distributions; PKHeX can convert to pkm for you. You can always add to this yourself by creating an "mgdb" folder in the same folder as PKHeX.exe, and put any gift in the folder.

I'm sorry i didnt get the first point. my question is if i choose custom.. and any number between 0-65535, what does it do? what do the number represent?

38 minutes ago, Aryan said:

I'm sorry i didnt get the first point. my question is if i choose custom.. and any number between 0-65535, what does it do? what do the number represent?

Represents whatever you want to set the event constant value to. Only known states are shown in the dropdown, you're still free to set it to whatever by setting it to custom.

45 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Represents whatever you want to set the event constant value to. Only known states are shown in the dropdown, you're still free to set it to whatever by setting it to custom.

right but how will they differ.. lets say i chose constant 51.. what would happen? is there a list of all constants and their effects?

1 hour ago, Aryan said:

right but how will they differ.. lets say i chose constant 51.. what would happen? is there a list of all constants and their effects?

We don't have the full commentated source code directly from GameFreak with insider knowledge on every tidbit of info. Do you expect us to know everything about every generation save file?

The option is there for people to use for research/modification without updating the program. If someone finds out that setting constant 51 to 5 causes X to happen, you can do the same by repeating the modification on your own save file with PKHeX. If you can't find a list of what does what and it's not in the source code, then it likely is not researched.

9 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

We don't have the full commentated source code directly from GameFreak with insider knowledge on every tidbit of info. Do you expect us to know everything about every generation save file?

The option is there for people to use for research/modification without updating the program. If someone finds out that setting constant 51 to 5 causes X to happen, you can do the same by repeating the modification on your own save file with PKHeX. If you can't find a list of what does what and it's not in the source code, then it likely is not researched.

Sorry I didnt mean to offend you or anything, i just thought it was known by people. 
thanks for the help though.

Also another thing that i cant understand is Memories. The pokemon I am catching in Alola they all have the same memories "The Pokémon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn’t seem to be able to remember..." how ever if i am using a pokemon from ORAS or XY.. their memories seem to be intact. why is that?

4 minutes ago, ReignOfComputer said:

Sounds like you're using PKHaX. Yep, 4 is HA.

yea.. just recently discovered it. its quite fun! Sableye or spiritomb with wonderguard! u can basically go through the entire game with with only either of this pokemon..so epic