Registration Nag

lnodiv

It's really irritating to have a nag screen come up every single time I come to the forums. Sometimes I just want to browse without having to log in. Not to mention the nag has no exit button that I can see, which makes even logging in more difficult than it has to be.

Call me petty, but if this continues, I'll be finding another Pokemon forum to frequent, which sucks, cause I just discovered you guys and like it here for the most part.

While the OP did it in kind of a jerk way, I fully agree with his point and see no reason to lock the thread.

I often access the forums through mulitple computers on my college campus and at the public library. Checking the box to stay logged in would be pointless since these computers are set to auto-clear anything at the end of the day.

Oftentimes, the box intrudes directly over the username/password box, making it hard to see if I entered my user name correctly.

It is an incredibly annoying feature and honestly, poorly designed. Another forum I visit has a "Register" message too, but it's just a banner at the top of the page.

It could also give the impression that PP forums allows pop ups, which is what entered my mind when I first saw it.

That said, and since the other thread seems to be dead, I'm opening this back up.

Thank you. I apologize for my earlier irritation, but I was just that - irritated. I don't usually expect stuff like that from a recreational forum. They're called "nags" for a reason, after all ;)

Also, even though they are unpleasant, complaints are a form of feedback. When an irritating 'feature' calls for an irritated response, one should be expected. But I've given my input now, and as such, I'll leave all of you to decide if anything should be done.

Meh. I was probably rude. I'm sorry for that, it's a side-effect from being sick. Although, next time, construct your post in a more proper manner. As for the Registration Message, I believe it's position varies depending on the design. I'll see if someone can move it's position and edit the message to lower the content amount. Again, my apologies.

The pop-up registration has been replaced. This, however, will not let your browse around not logged in for too long. We have an invisible option for that.

As for you, Inodiv, frequent somewhere else. No one is forcing you to stay here, especially since your four posts have been all complaints. We all work hard to make this place functional, so do not discredit us cause everything is not to your liking.

The pop-up registration has been replaced. This, however, will not let your browse around not logged in for too long. We have an invisible option for that.

As for you, Inodiv, frequent somewhere else. No one is forcing you to stay here, especially since your four posts have been all complaints. We all work hard to make this place functional, so do not discredit us cause everything is not to your liking.

My four posts have what now? One, I have more than four posts, the post counter is bugged. Most of them are in the legality section where I try to help people. Not sure what you are talking about here. I would expect the owner of a site to know how to use the forum statistics function. Other than asking one question in legality, and this single complaint, all I've been doing is trashbytes etc for people that can't. It's a small service, but all I am really qualified to do, and I was trying to contribute.

My four posts have what now? One, I have more than four posts, the post counter is bugged. Most of them are in the legality section where I try to help people. Not sure what you are talking about here. I would expect the owner of a site to know how to use the forum statistics function. Other than asking one question in legality, and this single complaint, all I've been doing is trashbytes etc for people that can't. It's a small service, but all I am really qualified to do, and I was trying to contribute.

Not all areas of the site count towards posts. =/