Latest Version not saving.

Highwayman300

Using the latest version of pkhex, I am able to edit a "main" file and modify boxes. The functions such as hack checker seem to be working fine, however, whenever I save anything but export a main file, the file won't show up in my computer.

These files (pk6, box bin, etc) technically don't exist and aren't recognized by anything but the latest version of pkhex, and are not accessible.

When opening the main file with a previous stable version of pkhex, it shows absolutely no changes, the changes basically do not saved, and this is more clear when attempting to backup the file in a save editor in homebrew.

However, these changes do show up in the latest version.

When attemting to export main to anything but my hard drive (SD card), Pkhex crashes and doesn't saves anything.

What can I do?

This is the error that shows up upon trying to export main to the SD card:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.IOException: The media is write protected.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllBytes(String path, Byte[] bytes, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes(String path, Byte[] bytes)

at PKHeX.Main.clickExportSAV(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.6.1080.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

PKHeX

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/DanielC/Desktop/PKHaX.exe

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.6.1081.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

It says that my media is locked, but this only happens with pkhex.

Pkhex is the only program that believes my SD card is locked, when in fact, it isn't.

Copy it to your desktop first and edit there.

Double check the write protection switch on the SD card.

Already done, my first attempt was to edit it on my desktop before putting it on my SD.

The write protection switch is off in the SD, I can save other stuff in it freely.

The only thing that won't save is my edits that I made in the newest version.

Trying to export my main file to any external device ends up in failure (USBs, Phones, etc) as just gives me a "You can't save in here" message without a reason.

Copying the edited main file and pasting it manually in the phone does work, but the edits are gone.

I think the main file hasn't been altered at all, the edits only exist in some backup save of sorts inside the program itself for whatever reason.

You're exporting "main", not a backup yes?

Since you're the only one who has this issue (38k+ downloads on current version), I'm don't think this is a problem with the program. Be sure whatever changes you make to a Pokémon you set back to whatever slot.

Yup, I am exporting main.

I tried exporting backup as well just to see what's working and what isn't but it's the same.

I am setting the pokemon every time too, the changes remain for that particular main file, but the changes don't appear to remain if I copy-paste the file somewhere else or if I open it with anothe PKhex version.

If I use the same latest version, I am able to make changes and save that specific file as much as I like, although with no results since I can't do anything with it.

Yup, I am exporting main.

I tried exporting backup as well just to see what's working and what isn't but it's the same.

I am setting the pokemon every time too, the changes remain for that particular main file, but the changes don't appear to remain if I copy-paste the file somewhere else or if I open it with anothe PKhex version.

If I use the same latest version, I am able to make changes and save that specific file as much as I like, although with no results since I can't do anything with it.

you've tried to "save as" in a different folder, rather than replacing your present main, to create a different main?

Also, what operating system are you on, and did you right click>properties>unblock the program, or tried running it as administrator?