PKHeX SAV feature says Onbly valid G4/G5 saves supported for B2.sav

xtreme1

[ATTACH]13319[/ATTACH]

I've got this .sav file which works on desmume and drastic and pokegen, but for some reason when I drag and drop or open it in PKHex it says

Unable to recognize save file. Only valid G4/G5 saves supported.

Any idea why this would happen or how to fix? If anyone can transform this sav into the proper pk file and upload it or show me how I'd really appreciate it.

Cool, i can get them dumped as gen 5 pkm files now. But try doing it with gen 6 with the file I uploaded. It breaks on the 20th one. 19 dump successfully.

EDIT: Looks like the gen 5 dumps mostly corrupted.

Thanks again, you had bad eggs which weren't expected. Fixed in latest commit, redownload :)

Successfully dumping the 19 pokes in box 1. How do I get it to dump all of my boxes? Why would the bad egg bug effect this box? IS there a bad egg I'm not seeing? I know theres an egg in box 9 but i can't tell if its bad or not. (been a while since I touched this save).

I should probably take a closer look instead of hastily fixing error messages ;P

Fixed the box reading issue, thanks for reporting!

Can't complain with how fast the fixes are coming, thanks! So now it looks like I've got a full dump. Is it possible to load multiple pk6's into pkHex? Ideally i'd like to import them the same way they were set up in my black 2 save boxes

EDIT: Used tools, load boxes. That's good enough for me.

You can drop the folder onto PKHeX and it will import the files for you.

Since it doesn't save where in the box it was dumped there's no way to load it as such.

Slight issue. The nicknames are in japanese? Look at the Raichu, which doesn't have a nickname or the charizard that does.

It also deleted one of the Charizard's move.

Is there any way to preserve their met dates? Kind of a cool feature, especially if you've had them for almost 10 years now (geez!).

I'm also seeing a lot of underscores appended to numeric fields, raichu's friendship and iv/evs

Slight issue. The nicknames are in japanese? Look at the Raichu, which doesn't have a nickname or the charizard that does.

The size of box pkm and the 'flexibility' of PKHeX's converter tries to autodetect.

The pkm's were hacked to begin with; gen3/4 pkm need to have a met location of Poketransfer or need to have a game origin value greater than 0x10. Raichu for example was met in "Rumination Field".

I've changed the program to not guess the current format as we know what gen the file is coming from, based on the save file. Thanks for finding these quirks; I had only tested on gen4 saves.

The size of box pkm and the 'flexibility' of PKHeX's converter tries to autodetect.

The pkm's were hacked to begin with; gen3/4 pkm need to have a met location of Poketransfer or need to have a game origin value greater than 0x10. Raichu for example was met in "Rumination Field".

I've changed the program to not guess the current format as we know what gen the file is coming from, based on the save file. Thanks for finding these quirks; I had only tested on gen4 saves.

Would that also be the reason the shiny charizard lost its move?

No problem. Hmm that Raichu was legit originally. Been passing it through roms and cartridges for a while so must have gotten changed at some point, probably pokegen. Is there a way to automatically correct boxes or .pk6 to make them legal?

Would that also be the reason the shiny charizard lost its move?

Yes, PKHeX emulates the actual transfer by removing items and certain moves G4->G5.

Is there a way to automatically correct boxes or .pk6 to make them legal?

Naw, you'd have to do some mass editor sort of thing if you knew what you wanted to fix in bulk. There's no legality checking for past gen pkm at this time.

I prefer to have transferring not fix illegal information as the intent is to mimic the actual transfer, including its limits :) If the future format files were ever legality checked with the past gen rules, it'd indicate that the original file (in past gen format) was illegal too instead of implying that it's now legal and who knows if it was previously.

Yes, PKHeX emulates the actual transfer by removing items and certain moves G4->G5.

Naw, you'd have to do some mass editor sort of thing if you knew what you wanted to fix in bulk. There's no legality checking for past gen pkm at this time.

I prefer to have transferring not fix illegal information as the intent is to mimic the actual transfer, including its limits :) If the future format files were ever legality checked with the past gen rules, it'd indicate that the original file (in past gen format) was illegal too instead of implying that it's now legal and who knows if it was previously.

Well it looks like fix d has kept all of my charizards moves?

So are the underscores appended to numeric fields normal?

This is great, saved me a lot of time manually transferring these guys, thanks.

I want to comment regarding the removal of defog/whirlpool, as it can be circumvented,

As quoted from bulbapedia:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Whirlpool_(move)

If a player teaches a Pokémon Whirlpool by HM in HeartGold and SoulSilver and trades it to Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum, the Pokémon can be freely imported to Black and White via the Poké Transfer, due to Whirlpool not being needed outside of battle in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. The same can be done with Defog by transferring a Pokémon that learned it by HM in Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum to HeartGold or SoulSilver.

Also, as they are not HMs in Gen V, I don't think they are removed upon transfer