Triple Dragon offense and a penguin

memjee

Hello by bob's request I am posting this team, give any suggestions I am open to anything.

And sorry I got no cool pokemon pictures every1 else seems to put up can some1 show me how? or if theres a link

Team Triple Dragon Offense

I changed the team to showcase the usefulness of Substitute.

Pros

- Only the lead is affected by Spikes, Toxic Spikes

- Every Pokemon except the lead has at least one Immunity and theres 5 different kinds of Immunities

- Has Immunity to Para and Toxic

- Substitute can Block Statuses

- Every Pokemon is capable of Sweeping

Cons

- Somewhat weak to Stealth Rock

- Have no Hazers or Phazers

- Roar/Whirlwind can screw me over

- No Spinner

Infernape (M) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Blaze

EVs: 204 Atk/252 Spd/54 SAtk

Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)

Role: Anti-Lead

- Fake Out

- Stealth Rock

- Close Combat

- Fire Blast

This new lead (Was once Metagross) It's has a 100% Stealth Rock Chance (Aside when facing Taunt Aerodacytal), Fake out is for other Focus Sasher. Fire Blast and Close combat are simply great stab attacks

---

Gyarados (M) @ Liechi Berry

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

Role: DD Sweeper

- Dragon Dance

- Bounce

- Waterfall

- Substitute

Info: Gyarados changed abit removing Roar with Sub, and giving it leichi Berry. It works in the same fashion as Empoleon. But doesn't require as much as support and it has more coverage.

---

Salamence (F) @ Life Orb

Ability: Intimidate

EVs: 16 Atk/252 Spd/240 SAtk

Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)

Role: Wallbreaker

- Draco Meteor

- Earthquake

- Outrage

- Flamethrower

A powerful Wallbreaker

---

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

Adamant nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

Role: Revenge Killer, Scouter

- U-turn

- Stone Edge

- Earthquake

- Outrage

Info: Originally A position held by Latias, it gives immunity to the much needed Thunderwave, which has wreck my team before, Flygon compliments Empoleon perfectly as they both resist or are immune to the other is weak too.

---

Empoleon (F) @ Petaya Berry

Ability: Torrent

EVs: 12 HP/12 Def/234 Spd/252 SAtk

Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

Role: Main Late Game Sweeper

- Surf

- Agility

- Ice Beam

- Substitute

My main sweeper, the team is focused around him, as soon as his counters are gone, I begin to set him up for sweepage.

---

Gengar (M) @ Petaya Berry

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd

Jolly nature (+Satk, -Atk)

Role: Mid-Sweeper

- Substitute

- Shadowball

- Focus blast

- Thunderbolt

A Mid-game sweeper, I might change him for something else, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I also might make it a focus puncher for blissey. It's extremely good at countering pursuit pokemon, when armed with sub.

Edited by memjee
New Changes to Team

My team was once oriented in my dragons wrecking havoc but this empoleon has taken the show, I have so many battle logs with this dude sweeping entire teams.

Haha, don't I know it. I underestimated that thing when I first saw it.

Lead Ape should be doing stuff that other leads can't do.

Weavile, for example, can Fake Out, Taunt, Counter, and gets priority Ice Shard and Pursuit.

Ambipom, the other big Fake Out lead, can Fake Out, Thunder Wave, U-Turn, and gets elemental punches.

Infernape gets offensive stats from both sides of the spectrum, Fake Out, Taunt, AND Stealth Rock, blaze boosts Fire moves, Close Combat, Counter, and Encore.

Fake Out is essential on any Lead Ape. Taunt really isn't since Weavile and Aerodactyl do it much better. Counter is a similar case in which Weavile also does it much better.

So the #2 most important move is Stealth Rock.

#3 and #4 are the toss ups. You COULD use U-Turn, but Lead Ape isn't going to be very helpful later in the game. So ignore it.

Encore can be great for early game stat boosters, which is what I'd recommend.

And then in the 4th slot, stick either Fire Blast or Close Combat. Dump your offensive EVs into whichever you choose.

I can do a full rate later.

Okay. You better use substitue over roar on Gyarados. Cause Sub-Bounce-Gyara can suprise your opponent.

And you don't need Psychoshit on a Life-Orb Latias. Better is Recover/Tbolt/Surf/Draco Meteor. But okay, you also can use Psychic...

Team synergy can never be tested on paper. The thing about team synergy is its definition varies depending on the team. For example, an offensive team needs ways to counter the counters for your pokemon. ie Tyranitar counters your Latias, so you should have some way to counter Tyranitar. Unfortunately, the majority of Tyranitar are either the dragon dance or choice band varients, which often carry pursuit.

In any case, play with your team. See what pokemon destroy you, and figure out how to destroy them. Thats how you test team synergy. Once you figure out problems, then we can work.

Latias needs thunderbolt, its essential for her to take out Suicune, Vaporeon, and especially Empoleon, whom don't mind Surf or Draco meteor.

thanks for the advice, I've battle with this team around 50 times, I usually win, gengar is my tyranitar counter as it is an automatic tyranitar lure and OHKOs it with focus blast (Though accuracy is pretty bad it only put me in a pickle once or twice)

Your absolutely right about Latias and thunderbolt, I changed her moveset to Draco Meteor, Thunderbolt, Surf, Recover a while ago, but good pointer. I'll put down the threat list later in due time

You don't actually need a threat list. That moveset works fine, although I would put in that if you're looking for a Latias that you can use more in the midgame and keep in much longer, give her Dragon Pulse. The power loss is hard to take, but its very surprising, and in my opinion it works much better with Recover then Draco Meteor can.

Infernape, as a lead, has potential to work extremely well. I would highly suggest using Fake Out over U-Turn, since destroying a focus sash cripples any lead. As for the rest, I like that set. It looks like it would work well.

As for Gyarados, I would reccomend running max attack and speed. Its an offensive set and having speed is nice, while 72 HP evs won't really do much. They're mainly fillers anyway. I've never thought of using Roar as a psuedo-taunt, and I suppose it would work. Just make sure you recognize Phazers when you see them.

Latias: Already commented, see above

Empoleon: A very effective set with a lot of potential, and pretty easy to use.

Salamence: Salamence is quite easily the most powerful Dragon in OU, and taking a Draco Meteor from a Mixmence will quite literally kill pretty much anything. At all. Extremely powerful set.

Gengar: A fine set, however I think some other pokemon might be better suited. Gengar, while a powerful pokemon, is truly designed to deal a ton of damage in the midgame. Your team has several pokemon also designed for this purpose. Something I think would help your team is a lategame cleanup pokemon. In general, that means using a choiced set. Specs Jolteon, Specs Alakazam, Scarf Porygon-Z, and several others can serve this purpose well. Gengar can still do its thing though, but I would give him a Life Orb. Expert Belt isn't all that useful, and Gengar couldn't care less about losing 10% HP when he's OHKOed by pretty much every move in the game.

In general it looks like a team that has potential to be extremely powerful.

I might make a request that you quickly look over the RMT format and update your post. Cheers!

You don't actually need a threat list. That moveset works fine, although I would put in that if you're looking for a Latias that you can use more in the midgame and keep in much longer, give her Dragon Pulse. The power loss is hard to take, but its very surprising, and in my opinion it works much better with Recover then Draco Meteor can.

Infernape, as a lead, has potential to work extremely well. I would highly suggest using Fake Out over U-Turn, since destroying a focus sash cripples any lead. As for the rest, I like that set. It looks like it would work well.

As for Gyarados, I would reccomend running max attack and speed. Its an offensive set and having speed is nice, while 72 HP evs won't really do much. They're mainly fillers anyway. I've never thought of using Roar as a psuedo-taunt, and I suppose it would work. Just make sure you recognize Phazers when you see them.

Latias: Already commented, see above

Empoleon: A very effective set with a lot of potential, and pretty easy to use.

Salamence: Salamence is quite easily the most powerful Dragon in OU, and taking a Draco Meteor from a Mixmence will quite literally kill pretty much anything. At all. Extremely powerful set.

Gengar: A fine set, however I think some other pokemon might be better suited. Gengar, while a powerful pokemon, is truly designed to deal a ton of damage in the midgame. Your team has several pokemon also designed for this purpose. Something I think would help your team is a lategame cleanup pokemon. In general, that means using a choiced set. Specs Jolteon, Specs Alakazam, Scarf Porygon-Z, and several others can serve this purpose well. Gengar can still do its thing though, but I would give him a Life Orb. Expert Belt isn't all that useful, and Gengar couldn't care less about losing 10% HP when he's OHKOed by pretty much every move in the game.

In general it looks like a team that has potential to be extremely powerful.

I might make a request that you quickly look over the RMT format and update your post. Cheers!

Thanks for the info

My infernape has fake out instead of u-turn, (it was always fake out but now I know not to change it)

My gyarados EVs are now 252 Attack 252 Spe, also I changed the set to sub bounce, I'll edit on the main page

I removed my Latias with Flygon, mainly because my team will become extremely weak when thunder waved (Which has cost me the game)

Made my gengar a subber with petaya berry, should I give it focus Blast or focus punch?

Ok I will change it to proper RMT format