Pokemon Light Platinum DS (Beta 1)

mikelan98

nIuarkB.png

Current version: 0.1.4

Lastest update: 19th December, 2015

jVuOHUa.png

Summary

Pokémon Light Platinum is a GBA hack launched in 2011 by the ROM hacker WesleyFG. Due to its success -partly because it was one of the few that managed to be completely finished- and that, in recent years, the NDS hacking has gained much more capabilities, I am now remaking this hack in this platform for people who have not played the GBA version yet, and partly to encourage people to start in this new platform; begin to investigate further and explore it.

o3rToos.png

Changes

Although the plot, locations, characters and other features are almost the same, there are many changes (some small, some more noticeable) with respect to the original version:

PokemonTrainer.png There are almost 450 Pokémon more than in the original version. All those that appeared in the GBA version will appear in this version, these new Pokémon come from the seven different generations. This leads to the Pokédex will be a little more difficult to complete, having a total of 807 Pokémon to capture from all generations.

PokemonTrainer.png Due to these new Pokémon, now trainers have different Pokémon parties from the original game, and in the majority of cases, they will be much stronger. Similarly, the wild Pokémon will differ (although to a lesser extent) the original, with more variety in the different towns and routes and other ways to find wild Pokémon (such as honey trees, Headbutt, fishing...).

PokemonTrainer.png Slight changes in the game's plot, although they are minor and the only reason they were made is to adapt the scripts to the capabilities of the base ROM.

PokemonTrainer.png Fairy type inserted (with all its weaknesses and strengths). All Pokémon that in the sixth generation possess this kind, they will in the hack (Gardevoir, Sylveon...). In addition, the weaknesses and strengths of other types have also been updated to the sames they have in the sixth generation.

PokemonTrainer.png Successfully introduced a new system of berries, that was lost in both original Light Platinum and HeartGold & SoulSilver. Now berry trees will be stationary on the different routes, and they will give one berry each day (at 00:00 everyday there are new berries on the trees which didn't have). The trees of all 64 different berries are hidden throughout the Zhery and Lauren regions, so you have to look very well to get them all.

PokemonTrainer.png Other small changes, such as increasing the chance of finding a shiny Pokémon (from 1/8192 to 1/257), or changing the stats of some Pokémon that increase them in the sixth generation.

QMGSO.png

Scans

They will be updated every so often.

yYAH1wy.png

YIMrO.png

Credits and thanks

:: Nex, Peyi, Kyledove, Zelda, GSC platinum, Alistair, Saurav, Shiny Lugia, Dewity, WesleyFG for all the tiles and graphics (both original game and this remake)

:: WesleyFG for letting me remake his hack

:: Spiky because I would never have achieved any of this without his help

:: Rafa/Klein for always being there supporting me and being a good friend

:: Trifindo because he was one of the few brave who dared with NDS hacking

:: WaH, Hoko, NHD and PFG because due to these sites I am today the ROM hacker I am

:: The music I listen to while I'm ROM hacking, because whatever happens, LODVG, Mecano, Amaral or ABBA will be with me forever

rMpZIuk.png

Bugs, errors and possible changes

PokemonTrainer.png The textures of the maps, and the game generally, works quite poorly in No$GBA. This emulator is not suitable to load homebrew or hack-ROMs, so if you're using an emulator to play the hack, please, use DeSmuME.

PokemonTrainer.png Some flashcards give problems with the game, although they are only a minority. I'm still researching why it may be happening.

PokemonTrainer.png As in the original HeartGold and SoulSilver, the game may freeze every so often or give graphical errors when entering a map. In the latter case, just open the Pokémon menu or the Pokédex and close it to fix the error.

PokemonTrainer.png Neither the minisprite of the female character is changed, or the texts are adapted to differentiate between male or female. Please, select the male hero for the moment.

PokemonTrainer.png If you pay attention, in some random points on the map you will be able to hear sea waves. This is something that, for now, is beyond my knowledge and I have no idea how to solve it, but I hope to be able to fix it in the future.

pb8Lufs.png

Changelog

Version 0.2.0 - TBA

- Added all of 807 existing Pokémon in the ROM (first expansion of Pokedex).

- Every map, script and event finished beyond the fourth Badge.

- Revised wild Pokémon in previous routes.

- Modified most of previous trainers.

- Two-thirds of the Safari Zone are now accesible.

- Fixed lot of bugs that were in the previous version.

- Incompatibility with savegames from older versions.

Version 0.1.5

- Private developer version, not officially published.

Version 0.1.4 - 19th December 2015

- Xmax special version.

- Snowy maps along the region.

- New wild Pokémon adapted for the new cold weather.

- First Mystery Gift developed so far.

Version 0.1.3 - 22nd November 2015

- New title screen for the game.

- Added the version number in the title screen.

- Finished Route 406 with all of its scripts and events.

- Fixed lot of bugs that were in the previous version.

- Corrected some grammar mistakes in the English version.

Version 0.1.2 - 5th November 2015

- English version of the game, added some little things and the Esmerald City easter egg.

Version 0.1.1 - 26th August 2015

- Inserted Pantem Town and Route 406 maps.

- Fixed lots of bugs that were in the previous version.

- Scripts and trainers of Route 405 are finished (now you can wake Snorlax up).

Version 0.1.0 - 17th July 2015

- Version for testing and recording gameplay, filtered and with some bugs and errors.

4L1e6aF.png

Download

You can download the game and check out all new updates in the official page: http://goo.gl/RLR5H9

Edited by mikelan98
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...