Kaphotics, Have you ever considered

Odaxis

Implementing support for older generations with this app?

The reason I ask is because of how clean and friendly the UI is and has become. Also can't help to think how happy the community would have been to have you working on an editor capable of working on gen 4/5.

I've use Pokegen and Pokesav and neither compare to PKHeX.

4th/5th gen had the benefit of being similar in terms of data structure; it'd be too much of a pain to support more than Gen 6 with PKHeX.

Wouldn't be hard to fork->have an exclusive branch that only handles 4th/5th gen save files. I'd have to think about it; a legality tool is far more enticing atm :)

Edited by Kaphotics

4th/5th gen had the benefit of being similar in terms of data structure; it'd be too much of a pain to support more than Gen 6 with PKHeX. Wouldn't be hard to fork->have an exclusive branch that only handles 4th/5th gen save files. I'd have to think about it; a legality tool is far more enticing atm :)

Either would be great. Was thinking the editor might be in demand a little bit more now since Homebrew TWLSaveTool​ has been released.

pokegens bad with wc support i injected wonders with it and they do not work and it also does not let you delete wc we need a better editor pokgens outdated so this would be good

Pokegen was fine way back when as long as you didn't want to edit trainer info or do anything too fancy with wonder cards etc. Dancing between 2 programs to allow full save editing was a pain in the ass though.