A backup feature for main files?

Storm Eagle

Currently, you can create main files (backups of your save data for games) using hax to load up saveDataBackup (for those who don't know, it's homebrew) on most, if not, all 3DS types and firmwares. Using this app, you can create backups and import backups of your save datas. PKHeX is compatible with these and can edit your save data for XY and ORAS. It's often recommended you make a backup, and, as far as I know, there isn't a backup feature for main files. Tampering with the main file in certain ways is always risky, and data corruption or other problems can occur. Plus, some people just like to keep backups in case certain issues arise such as losing pokemon, accidentally releasing them, et cedera.

Could there be a backup feature implemented?

If a future version isn't to come for a while, I have made a temporary solution to Windows users who would like to backup their main files. I made a small two-line batch file which copies the main file from your SD card to a folder of your choice, then opens the folder which it copied to. Already tried it, and it works.

Just open notepad and input these two lines of text into it:

XCOPY A B /-Y

START B

The letter 'A' stands for the location of the main file when you back it up, wherever it might be (G:\saveDataBackup...), the letter 'B' stands for the location of where you want your backup to be (preferably somewhere on the main hard drive of your computer). XCOPY just copies location A to location B, and START opens the folder that you list in front of it. Don't put any quotation (") marks around the locations of the main files and the location of where it would be copied to. Don't tamper with the /-Y flag, if it's there, it'll ask you if you want to replace the file if there's a file there with the same name. Here's my personal example:

XCOPY G:\saveDataBackup\main C:\Users\mgs4m_000\Desktop\Folders\Pokemon\Powersaves\OldMainFiles\OmegaRuby /-Y

START C:\Users\mgs4m_000\Desktop\Folders\Pokemon\Powersaves\OldMainFiles\OmegaRuby

When you're done, just save it as a .bat file under 'All Files'. Double-click on it when you want to back up your main file.