Is it possible to transfer battle videos from one ORAS game to another ORAS game?

Here's the deal; I've got a friend with a hacked 3DS (RXtools, emuNAND, bveditor, SaveDataFiler, all of that). He can edit his own battle videos to change their backgrounds. He can then upload them (using the in-game upload feature) and record them using his capture card that he's got on his non-hacked 3DS on his other game card. He wants to change these battle backgrounds of other peoples' battle videos so that he can record their battles (with the new backgrounds) for them. This should all be possible if the following is possible, by any means:

Is there any way for my friend to use the data from any other random person's SD card to get that random person's battle videos onto his hacked 3DS (so the game would tread it like his own battle video)? The random person is assumed to not have a hacked 3DS. Or, an easier option would be this; is there some way he can basically "download" or "save" their battle video (given to him via a Battle Video code) onto his system so that it treats it like his own?

Please use as much detail as possible in your explanations for why this is or isn't possible.

You can use a similar method to the one that KeyBV uses to decrypt battle videos:

Person X: Person who can decrypt

Person Y: Person who can't but is passing videos

Person X downloads a battle video and decrypts it.

Person Y downloads same battle video and grabs the encrypted file from the SD.

Person X pads the file with Zeroes at the beginning of the file so that it matches the length of Person Y's file.

Xor the two files together to obtain Person Y's Xorpad for that video slot.

Person Y deletes battle video, records new one.

Person Y extracts the data, xors the xorpad over and trims to the original decrypted size.

Person X inserts with SDF after making modifications.

===

Won't work for live tournament videos and all of this can be avoided if Person Y just uploads the video for Person X to download.

If you're just downloading battle videos, the replay will play back from the POV of the person who recorded it... so I don't really get what you're trying to do.

Okay, this sounds good and dandy, and I thank you for the quick response, but I'm going to need an explanation for what you mean by "download' in your above steps. As far as I know, in terms of staying within ORAS, there's no way to download the other person's battle video onto the game (the way there was back in BW and BW2). If by "download" you mean have the person who cannot decrypt send their SD card's un-decrypted extdata folder to the person with the hacked 3DS, then we should be on the same page.

Also, why would Person Y need to "download" the battle video if they already have it on their system? Person Y should be the one who's either giving out the battle video's code or is sending the exdata from their SD card.

I'm sorry that I'm unfamiliar with most of the terms in your explanation, but I certainly appreciate your patience because this is very important to both my friend and myself.

Edit: What I'm trying to do is get somebody else's Battle Video (that has already been recorded) onto a hacked system so that the game treats it like it is its own battle video so I can use SaveDataFiler to export it, make the changes with

, send the edited battle video back into the game with SaveDataFiler, upload the edited battle video from the hacked 3DS, and then record it with the capture card system. These steps that are underlined, as far as I know, are only possible with the battle videos that are obtained directly with that game card (as in, not somebody else's battle video from somebody else's game card). This is because there doesn't seem to be any way to actually download the other person's battle video; you can only watch it.

Ah, I understand now. The answer would be no; if there's no way to pass files via upload/download then there's no way to retrieve enough contents from battle videos.

Something that has not been investigated is dumping RAM while watching a battle video... Gen V had the entire video sitting in RAM so maybe that will allow you to rip out the instructions/teams/seeds to transplant into another video.

For more clarification, this is what would need to happen on a step-by-step basis (I just don't know if it's possible):

Person A has no hacks whatsoever.

Person B has all of the hacks.

1. Person A does whatever is necessary to get their already-recorded battle video (like an epic Bidoof sweep or something) over to Person B.

1.1 This could (as in, I don't know) be by sending the ExtData from their SD card, or whatever else, just something that ANYBODY can do.

2. Person B has to somehow obtain that Battle Video that has been given to them and get it into their game so that the game sees it no differently than a battle video that was recorded by Person B in the first place.

3. Person B exports Person A's Battle Video using SaveDataFiler.

4. Person B edits that battle video with bveditor.

5. Person B imports the edited battle video with SaveDataFiler.

6. Person B uploads this edited battle video using the in-game upload feature.

7. Person B puts that code into their non-hacked game on their capture card system to record the modified battle video that originated from Person A.

8. Person B gives the video recording back to Person A and everybody's happy.

The key question is if steps 1 and 2 are possible, and if so, by what means. My friend is getting paid to record battle videos for other people, and being able to change the wi-fi battle backgrounds could help him stand out from the others.

Edit: Sorry, I was typing this before you replied above. My hope was that there would be some way to decrypt the ExtData on the computer so that the battle videos could be imported into the hacked 3DS. Now, I know virtually nothing about hacking, but I do appreciate you taking all of your time with me.

"Something that has not been investigated is dumping RAM while watching a battle video... Gen V had the entire video sitting in RAM so maybe that will allow you to rip out the instructions/teams/seeds to transplant into another video."

Unfortunately, I know nothing about RAM dumping, so I guess this is a bit of a dead-end for me.

Actually, wait; couldn't it be possible to use a QR code to do something like that? Maybe you put some file on your SD card, then go in game and type in the battle video code, scan a QR code, and it dumps the battle video somehow? I think that's how some Animal Crossing RAM editor that my brother uses works; it dumps his whole town so that he can edit nearly anything. So, in theory, such a thing could be possible?

Actually, wait; couldn't it be possible to use a QR code to do something like that? Maybe you put some file on your SD card, then go in game and type in the battle video code, scan a QR code, and it dumps the battle video somehow? I think that's how some Animal Crossing RAM editor that my brother uses works; it dumps his whole town so that he can edit nearly anything. So, in theory, such a thing could be possible?

Depends if you can find it reliably in the RAM and if it's stored completely in RAM.

Well, I know this much; when you watch the battle video, and you have it playing, if you disconnect from the internet by pulling the wireless switch, you're still able to watch the battle video and skip turns. As long as you're in the battle video after having entered its code, you can watch any part of it without being connected to the internet. Maybe that means something. I guess that means that it has to be stored somewhere on the system and that it has been temporarily downloaded somewhere. But I have no idea how I would "find it reliably in the RAM" unless there's some QR-code browser-exploit thing that puts all of that kind of stuff onto the SD card in a format that we're able to look through. Is there any tool that is able to do such a thing that currently exists? Once again, I appreciate all of your patience with me.

Edited by JohnTravolski