HGSS player sprite editing

Ryona

Firstly, I apologize for the fact that, yes, I am a newb at HGSS hacking.

Does anyone know of any English language tools that can unpack, and more importantly REpack game graphics? I want to do a full edit of all the female protagonist's sprites, both battle and overworld; all I need is to be able to extract and re-insert, I've done sprite editing before so I know how to do the rest. I have looked everywhere and been unable to find anything; it seems tools for HGSS are extremely few. :frown:

• 4 weeks later...

You want to use Tinke to extract this directory of HGSS a/0/8/1. This directory contains all of the Overworld Sprites within HGSS. Then you want to download BTX Editor by KazoWAR. - Search it up on Youtube - Now once you have it extracted. Open up editor.exe (Kiwi Editor, however I recommend download KazoWAR's BTX Editor pack it has the program inside). Drag and drop the 1 narc file into Kiwi Editor. Double click on it. Then check the box next to the 1 and hit the extract button (looks like a piece of paper). Once you hit the extract button, open up BTX editor and load up the sprites one by one to load each of the overworlds. When you're done, save your edited sprite back into the 1.narc and transform that 1 file into a new narc file. Once that's done then reinsert into your game via Tinke.

If whatever I said was just jibberish, follow this tutorial mate.

I'm looking on how to edit trainer sprites themselves, but I'll find something soon hopefully. I'm making my own Soul Silver hack so the struggles the same, haha.

I hope I helped you out!

Happy Hacking! :D

- Zephyr