Hi!

psy_commando

Hi ! I'm Psy_commando !

I've been coding in C++ for years, and I just got into reversing games seriously.

I'm hoping to get some help and help out people with what I'm working on ! :)

I did some memory hacking on Pokemon xD : Gale of Darkness, and can consistently manipulate tons of interesting things in memory so far ! And compiled a bunch of notes on the topic!

And after playing through Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky for the first time 2 weeks ago, and just litterally being blown away by that game, I got really interested in making a few programs to make replacing sprites easier, and add fan-made animations for pokemons that don't have the animations for being a main character, and etc.. I actually pretty much finished a very small utility for it, and I'll post it later this week, once I get more time, and in the proper place!

But, besides that, I just really like pokemon in general! I also love Starfox, but that's another story ! And my #1 favorite pokes are clearly Mightyena / Poochyena :)

(don't get me started on either, or you'll regret it xD )

Welcome to the fourms, psy_commando! It's always nice to have another Mystery Dungeon fan here.

I look forward to your tool; there's a lack of ROM editing tools for that game.

Thanks ! And yeah, its rare to stumble on other PMD fans around ! xD

Here's the thread for the tool if you're interested ! :

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?40199-Pokemon-Mystery-Dungeon-2-Psy_commando-s-Tools-and-research-notes&p=186267#post186267

Though, I just stumbled on a thread where you seem to have posted a similar tool. ^^;

Though, I also handle re-packing, files and header padding, and the forced offset for the three "pack" files in the "MONSTER" folder. So far the changes worked without issues in-game ! But we'll see how my utility will face the ultimate test at the hands of the end users ! I'm kinda worried xD