Is the cup...

Minamimoto

Half empty or half full?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Half empty or half full?

• Half full!
    • Half empty,idiot.
    • Half empt-wait wait wait! Umm...half f-no,that can't be it...

Can I make something crystal clear here. They are the same! Because if the cup is half full then it is half of a full cup right? so it would look like this :~: see! Then if the cup was half empty then it would be half of an empty cup which would look like this :~: see! Same! Ugh, sometimes I wonder about people. No offense but if you dont see it I'm going to make you see it! :~: = cup half empty :~: = cup half full

SAME!

I didn't vote because none of the answers were correct!

Edit: no hard feelings i mean i have the right to post my beliefs here correct!

oh...

:kikkoman::kikkoman::kikkoman:

I'm kind of with Damio with this one. If I'm pouring it, it's half full. If I'm emptying it, it's half empty. In general, I probably say half full or half way most of the time.

And of course people know it's the same, it's why they ask it. ;) There'd be no point if they were actually different. You don't see anyone asking another if something is red or green unless they're checking for colourblindness.

I'm kind of with Damio with this one. If I'm pouring it, it's half full. If I'm emptying it, it's half empty. In general, I probably say half full or half way most of the time.

And of course people know it's the same, it's why they ask it. ;) There'd be no point if they were actually different. You don't see anyone asking another if something is red or green unless they're checking for colourblindness.

I probably say "half a glass of water" most of the time, and if someone makes me choose, I will come up with vast hypotheticals, and keep annoying the hell out of them with logic until they leave :P

:grog:

• 4 weeks later...