Making an "All-Around" Team

I don't care too much about foggy places....I've been playing pokemon long enough to be able to get my way around them :) It's not like there's very many of them in the game as it is, and I've been through all of them at this point. I know my way around!

Anyways....

for the last pokemon I am thinking Alakazam.

@ Choice Specs (I don't really like the prospect of Choice'd pokemon, may switch with Life Orb)

~ Psychic

~ Focus Blast

~ Signal Beam

~ Trick / Hidden Power Fire

252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care too much about foggy places....I've been playing pokemon long enough to be able to get my way around them :) It's not like there's very many of them in the game as it is, and I've been through all of them at this point. I know my way around!

Anyways....

for the last pokemon I am thinking Alakazam.

@ Choice Specs (I don't really like the prospect of Choice'd pokemon, may switch with Life Orb)

~ Psychic

~ Focus Blast

~ Signal Beam

~ Trick / Hidden Power Fire

252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Don't you already have a special sweeper in Lucario? I'm not sure if you need an Alakazam... but nice set. Trick-kazam was always annoying to deal with.

I know, Choice items don't seem too appealing at first, and I still don't like choice sets either. However, for some Pokemon, choice items make a difference b/w a win and a loss... and Choice bands hurt much enough to relegate Bulky Waters to be 2HKOd by stuff they shouldn't be 2HKO'd by. Also, in this metagame, there will be a LOT of switching, so choice items don't cripple you TOO badly (unless Dugtrio switches into a Spec'd Kyogre using Thunder... :D)

I still don't like Choice stuff either, but the whole purpose of that trick set is to trick Choice specs on a physical sweeper so that they'll be crippled for the game. Otherwise, Choice Specs gives Alakazam that nice boost from a 135 base special attack to an effectively 270 sp.atk (1.5x works a long way and Base stats are a bit different than that...)

Okay everyone. It looks like I'm now ready to start creating these pokemon through PokeSav. My next problem would be this....creating the hex values. For some, it would seem that this would be a breeze. For me, I have read through the guide and it makes sense but I still can't come out with legit values. I'm so math disabled...

Could someone please show me legitimate hex values for these pokemon? I'm working on setting everything else up right now, but I am stuck there. =/ Gosh, I hate not knowing how to work well with numbers!

I'm creating the pokemon for Diamond. From there, they will be transferred to Platinum :]

I've finally got base .pkm files for all six...finally something to go off from xD

Once I have everything set, I'll send them through the legality checker and then put them up for everyone else to double-check. I want these pokemon to look perfectly legit...or legal, I suppose would be more accurate (A hacked pokemon cannot technically be legit, can it?)

I'm creating the pokemon for Diamond. From there, they will be transferred to Platinum :]

I've finally got base .pkm files for all six...finally something to go off from xD

Once I have everything set, I'll send them through the legality checker and then put them up for everyone else to double-check. I want these pokemon to look perfectly legit...or legal, I suppose would be more accurate (A hacked pokemon cannot technically be legit, can it?)

It can't be legit but it can be legal. For the most part, people is okay with legal Pokemon as long as they are not blatantly hacked. You also need to do the P/IDs properly. Do you need help with that?

For Diamond, it's really easy. Just change the 85h accordingly... usually it'll be 00.

Yeah, I do need help. I've never actually made decent pokemon before xD;

So far the most I've truly got for myself is my SID...I'm too lazy to open the game and check for my ID at the moment. Just slowly imputting data where it belongs to make these things accurate. =/

Yeah, I do need help. I've never actually made decent pokemon before xD;

So far the most I've truly got for myself is my SID...I'm too lazy to open the game and check for my ID at the moment. Just slowly imputting data where it belongs to make these things accurate. =/

You might want to send me your pkm data or something. I can usually do this...

I'll probably post them one at a time when I get more things added. :] That way, I can have more people than just myself check over them.

EDIT: Also, creating the places each pokemon was "caught." So I've 'caught' this Dratini in Mt. Coronet, behind the waterfall on the forth floor....what level should it be at?

EDIT2: Also, if I were to get a Beldum in a Swarm on Route 228, what level would it be at?

These two are the one's that I'm stuck on for a level.

The other ones are obvious, Riolu would be at lvl1 from an egg given by Riley, Eevee lvl5 from Bebe in Hearthome City, Aerodactyl lvl20 from the Mining Museum, Abra lvl5 from Route 203. I'm just too darn lazy to go and try and catch the other two and figure it out for myself. =/

Other than that, the .pkm files are almost ready to be shown for details and hex editing.

Edited by Okami
Added question.

Okay, here are the 6 files as the look right now

Aerodactyl.PNG

Alakazam.PNG

Dragonite.PNG

Lucario.PNG

Metagross.PNG

Vaporeon.PNG

From here I need to make sure that the PIDs are correct and I need to complete the hex values. If any more information is needed, please let me know. Obviously, for the two questions in my above post, those values are left out as well.

Oh, and my trainer ID is missing the zero at the beginning. I'm going to fix that when I make the next corrections to the files. Just to let everyone know that I know about that :P

Okami, why don't you just make all your Pokemon hatched? I'm sure some of your Pokemon have hereditary moves... and if they do, you don't have to worry about the PIDs and can change the IVs and nature to whatever you want them to be.

What you need to do with that is set Egg Hatched value to 2000 (should be set to DayCareCouple), set Met at Level to 0 and change the Egg Date Received and Met At... that's all you need to do. Just make sure the dates are believable :)

Also, you MIGHT want all the PPs maxed out.

As for the abilities, when you edit the Pokemon's PID, you'll see a Class 1 and a Class 2... make sure they're the right ones! For example, a Class 1 Raticate has Run Away and Class 2 Raticate has Guts. Try to make a Class 1 Rattata with Guts and evolve it... and it becomes a Raticate with Run Away... and you wonder why. To know which one yours is supposed to be, check this chart out:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/pid_iv_creation#finding_ability_from_pid

Ability 0 means Class 1 and Ability 1 means Class 2.

And you forgot your EVs on Alakazam :P

Hm...that would be easier, wouldn't it? *laughs* Alright, that makes more sense, I guess. But wouldn't the level met at be 1, not 0?

Aw shoot, I thought I'd done all the EVs >.> Crap. Time to fix!

I've tried working the Legit Checker and nothing happens =/ Like dragging my file(s) over it and it shows up, but does nothing else....

Also, because they're all coming from eggs, I can leave the hex values alone, correct?

I've tried working the Legit Checker and nothing happens =/ Like dragging my file(s) over it and it shows up, but does nothing else....

Also, because they're all coming from eggs, I can leave the hex values alone, correct?

The only hex value you should worry about is 85h, but since they hatched from eggs, just leave it as 00. I guess you're all set then. :)

Just about! :D I'm so excited for this team. Now to wrap up all the loose ends and whatnot...and test the team on Shoddy! Now that I think of it, that was what the random 'team' file was that I nearly deleted on my flashdrive! Glad I didn't lol

Just about! :D I'm so excited for this team. Now to wrap up all the loose ends and whatnot...and test the team on Shoddy! Now that I think of it, that was what the random 'team' file was that I nearly deleted on my flashdrive! Glad I didn't lol

@_@

Wanna try fighting me on Shoddy? If I have time to, I might.

Would love to :]

Now, question. I'm just working to set up my PID correctly, making sure they're all...legit or whatnot. My Alakazam has a PID of 1425435635 Will this match to the ability of Synchronize? And if not...what do I change to make it so?

Would love to :]

Now, question. I'm just working to set up my PID correctly, making sure they're all...legit or whatnot. My Alakazam has a PID of 1425435635 Will this match to the ability of Synchronize? And if not...what do I change to make it so?

I can't read PIDs... but Alakazam is hatched, right? Just make sure Alakazam is Class 1, not Class 2, and you're all fine. PIDs don't matter on hatched Pokemon.

Ah, there would be my problem. I suppose I need to recheck all of them now to make sure they've all got the right class :P Thanks Wraith! I'm up on Shoddy and ready whenever you are!

Ah, there would be my problem. I suppose I need to recheck all of them now to make sure they've all got the right class :P Thanks Wraith! I'm up on Shoddy and ready whenever you are!

Want to fight my novelty team, my normal team, or a new completely random team I don't care about and just play with it?