HGSS Hatch Location

Roksin

So after training a couple Brelooms for a while, I realized I couldn't TM them False Swipe. Out of frustration I said fuck it all and uploaded them and decided to edit in False Swipe onto them. I wanted it to be an identical pokemon, but there's one problem with PokeGen.

It won't allow you to set the Hatch Location for HGSS. This makes it appear as if the egg was traded from HG/SS to D/P and hatched there or something like that.

Oh yeah and when I open'd them on PokeGen it set there nature to Hardy. Not that big of a deal, just had to switch it back to Jolly, but annoying and a bug nonetheless.

Oh yeah #2, even with this weird ass gold leaf option set to none or whatever, it saves them with some weird "Shiny Leaf 1" "Shiny Leaf 3" and "Shiny Leaf 4".

Fix'd by using version 2.312.

The problem seems to stem from being unable to open the Shiny Leaf drop down box. It's weird because I opened my Breloom that lacked these leaves on the new version, saved, opened on an older version, and in the Shiny Leaf menu 1, 3, and 4 were checked. Strange.

It's also caused by the inability to change the Game Met, and Game Hatch Condition from BW2.

What version was the error happening on?

Are you loading pkm files or a save file?

What generation are the pkm formats?

Is the target game in Pokgen set appropriately?

A .pkm file downloaded from Pokecheck after uploading from SS.

Gen 4.

After some adventuring it seems there's a menu option for that. Not exactly a good choice in design...

User misused the program and didn't set the target game.

That may be true, but with the layout of the program it makes the user think everything can be done within the window of the editor with all the tabs. Putting something like that out of the way isn't exactly the best choice for design. I'd recommend Target Game being located somewhere more visible.

Save files' generation can be autodetected and editing pkm within a save file is the primary function of the program (vs individual pkm editing) so it is not necessary for target game options to be visible at all. It was included in the menu because it's not easy to set up an autodetect for a pkm file's generation.

It's technically an extra feature, I'd say.