OT Trash Bytes

Zheth

Alright. This is going to be a three-part question session, I guess. I checked the forums and found nothing similar enough to solve my problem, so here goes:

I vaguely understand the concept of trash bytes, not enough to write a lecture on them, but enough to fix them whenever they pop up... Normally. However, with one poke in particular, I'm being told I have invalid OT trash bytes, and my usual solution to the problem does nothing.

Here's where the questions com into play:

1. Say my Trainer name is Kane. Wouldn't using "Kane\FFFF\0000\0000\0000" typically solve the trash bytes issue?

2. Are there out-lying factors to trash bytes that are beyond just the name? If so, how do I rectify the situation?

3. I realize trash bytes were aptly named because, well, "trash". Are they important for anything at all, or am I just wasting my time concerning myself with this?

I solved my issue with the trash bytes from a technical standpoint, but I don't necessarily understand the significance of what I did.

Instead of using "Kane\FFFF\0000\0000\0000" like I had done on other troublesome Pokes, I used "Kane\FFFF\0000\0000\FFFF" (which I was told is wrong).

My previous questions still technically stand, as I'd like to actually KNOW why my actions yield particular results and whatnot.

Thanks again for any help/answers/info, and sorry for the double-post!

Alright. This is going to be a three-part question session, I guess. I checked the forums and found nothing similar enough to solve my problem, so here goes:

I vaguely understand the concept of trash bytes, not enough to write a lecture on them, but enough to fix them whenever they pop up... Normally. However, with one poke in particular, I'm being told I have invalid OT trash bytes, and my usual solution to the problem does nothing.

Here's where the questions com into play:

1. Say my Trainer name is Kane. Wouldn't using "Kane\FFFF\0000\0000\0000" typically solve the trash bytes issue?

2. Are there out-lying factors to trash bytes that are beyond just the name? If so, how do I rectify the situation?

3. I realize trash bytes were aptly named because, well, "trash". Are they important for anything at all, or am I just wasting my time concerning myself with this?

1. You can read about it more, but that's fine in-game, but hack detectors can tell it's been hacked.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?14026-Guide-How-to-generate-Gen-V-Pokmon-in-PokGen

3. Trash bytes are what's left over when the game makes as few writes as possible. As shown in the guide above, it is more noticeable when nicknaming a Pokemon something shorter than it's original name.