Legality Checker Progress

Sabresite

You can get the old version of Legality Checker here.

Currently Legality Checker is undergoing a major overhaul. The new program will have a user interface, and will be coded in a completely different environment. This will mean better compatibility among operating systems, and no framework to download.

Please be patient for this transition.

Note: I am aware that the Munchlax calculation is not entirely correct. Please be patient for the new version. To check the legality of your munchlax, use the calculator on the website, and it must have an ABCD (Normal NDS/GBA) Type.

Currently Legality Checker is undergoing a major overhaul. The new program will have a user interface, and will be coded in a completely different environment. This will mean better compatibility among operating systems, and no framework to download.

sounds shmexy.

but i guess you need the Plat Trash byte algorithms still :(

Oh, okay. So I got that, but how do I check if its actually legal? like what should it say? (what should it say if its legal, and what should it say if its illegal?)

edit: Does it check if the moves are legal? cuzz when I put a move that wasn't able to be learned on a chimchar it didn't say 'invalid' anywhere.

'

Edited by Growlithe

it won't check the moves...

u have to know the gameplay itself .. (anyway you can use gamefaqs as the reference ^^)

it's legal if

the ouput is not "hacked pokemon" or "unknown GBA type"(except for hatched pal parked pokemon).. and all of the values are valid xD

There is a lot of work to be done, a lot of data to be gathered, a lot of babies to be made. Sabresite needs time and he also said that we should all be patient on the next release.

As most people say; it will be released between now and the next supernova. ;)

I have been trying to earn money while I am off from school so I do not have much time for coding. Unfortunately, Legal and Pokemod projects do not receive donations, so everyone must be patient :)

I promise though, I am utilizing every opportunity I can to code. I am also using Qt C++ so that the next release can be cross platform. This is an experiment for me.

I'm wondering if the new legality checker will be cross platform. As the current one is written in C Sharp, I can easily run it with Mono on Mac and Linux machines. Also, a command line interface is useful for batch operations.

Even so, I don't like .NET and Mono. I'd prefer Java if I had a choice. And C++ is fine as well, but not everyone wants a GUI. And having precompiled binary C++ apps reduces portability (someone with access to the source code would have to compile various Linux versions).

@sabresite: Do you have any ideas about this? PM me if you have any additional questions.

EDIT: Unlike previously reported, the current version of Legal.exe works great in Mono!

Edited by Balrog

If you used Legal with Mono, that is great. However I am not going to specifically make the program compatible with Mono. As a matter of fact, I do not like Mono, so there will never be Mono support for any C# program I make.

As I said, I don't like Mono or C# (Mono usually can run compiled C# programs unless they use Windows-specific features ... command-line .NET programs almost always work with Mono), but I'd really prefer a command-line cross-platform option, whether or not it's based on Mono or C#. That's what I was getting at.

I heard C and Java are pretty similar (at least C++) so the closest way to making the program compatible with all platforms is using Java, since it's supported on like all the platforms! ^_^ But if you don't know any Java then I would understand why you cba to :P