PKMDS G5 PC Storage Sorter

codemonkey85

EDIT: For the main thread concerning the code library itself, please go here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?20984-PKMDS-Code-Library-Gen-V

Hi all.

I've been mostly pretty quiet about it, but for the last several months I've been writing a new Pokémon hacking code library in C++. It is open source, and in fact you can find it in my signature (or right here).

For fun, as well as to demonstrate the new code library in action, I have written a small program which will sort all of the Pokémon in the PC storage system of a given save file in ascending order of National Pokédex ID. Please note that this program is compatible with Generation V save files only (meaning only Black / White and Black 2 / White 2).

I have attached a zip file containing both the compiled .exe for Windows, and a .cpp file containing the source code for the program's main function. The rest of the source is, as I said before, available in my signature. It should be compatible with other operating systems, so you can compile it for Linux / MacOS yourself.

To use the program in Windows, simply drag and drop a compatible .sav file onto the .exe, and a new save file named "OUT.sav" will be created.

Please feel free to contact me with further questions about the program or the code library. I can be reached here via this thread, via PM, or at my email address (my username at Gmail).

PKMDS G5 PC Sorter&.zip

PKMDS G5 PC Sorter&.zip

Edited by codemonkey85

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It doesn't work for me either and I'm using Windows 7.

Also, when I download the newest link, the file just opens, then closes right away.

Did you follow the directions?

To use the program in Windows, simply drag and drop a compatible .sav file onto the .exe, and a new save file named "OUT.sav" will be created.