Sign in to follow this  
fame371

Nintendo Wifi Connection help

So here it goes

On my Nintendo 3ds I can connect to the Internet via wifi. On my pokemon white game, I connect to wifi on my 3ds. However, when I try to connect to any other ds game, I get this error- error code: 52001

Does anyone know why this happens, and how I can change it?

You're probably using Wi-Fi secured with WPA (which is pretty secure). Only newer games that are DSi aware can use that kind of connection. Older games can only use unsecured or WEP Wi-Fi (WEP is very insecure, and can easily be broken in 20 steps, according to a quick and easy web search). So it's either use unsecure Wi-Fi or settle with no Wi-Fi for older games.

I'm having trouble with mine too. It says that my wifi doesn't support my ds. Does this mean I have to get a new ds. Because I really don't wanna do that or get a new wifi router thing

You'll have to reconfigure your router to use WEP, which is not recommended because it's terribly insecure.

Getting a new DS won't help since only DSi aware games support WPA even if the game is in a DSi or 3DS.

Evan, bro that makes no sense to me, and imma pretty tech savvy guy. What I mainly got is its possible but not recommended as it is shown to cause problems

Oh ok. I'm just gonna stay on the safe side and not get beat my ma (kidding dont call the police lol) but yeah seriously I'm gonna try to find some other way I guess. Thanks though

NintendoDS Nintendo DS lite Nintendo DSI? What is the difference between a Nintendo ds and nintendo ds lite and nintendo dsi? Which one is the 1st best 2nd best and 3rd best?