Pokemon Professors Addition

Alses

Hey everyone :) I've started modding White 2 and began making new Pokemon Professor Sprites and wanted to know how I'd be able to create a new event with them? As in place them somewhere in the world and make them fightable/be able to give pokemon/simply new conversation.

Here is the first complete sprite.. Its not really great but it isn't bad at least..

Professor Felina Ivy:

w9rHd.png

Professor Samuel Oak:

ZaIfk.png

I'm also going to be making Elm, Birch and Rowan =P

Edit1: Oak overworld sprite is done :D

Edited by Alses

Overworld Editing + Scripting. Yeah it's possible, but it's pretty time consuming and difficult.

[video=youtube;z0VLebo1mnk]

I've posted relevant information in placing an overworld sprite in General B2W2 ROM Info; there's no tools yet available so you have to edit the files with a hex editor.

As for a scripted event, there isn't a "XSE" or non-hex scripting program for Gen V yet. I've compiled a huge list of the commands when making the video (and studying other events), and sent them off to be added into pichu2000's NPRE. The relevant source code detailing the commands is here.

where I change up an event to give a rare candy (with new text), and show every step of editing.

Cool! Thanks =D Luckily I've got hexing experience so the scripting will be a piece of cake ^^ After I complete the overworld sprites I'm gonna make mugshots and battlesprites for every Poke Prof ;D Oak progress pre-16 color pallet limit addition:

Ocmxa.png

Edit: Fun Fact: Nintendo used Oak's overworld front hair for the side and barely touched any pixels. They only fixed it to fit with the side of his head. I'm gonna do the same thing =P If it works for them, it works for me xD (lazy FTW)

Edited by Alses

Overworld Editing + Scripting. Yeah it's possible, but it's pretty time consuming and difficult.

[video=youtube;z0VLebo1mnk]

I've posted relevant information in placing an overworld sprite in General B2W2 ROM Info; there's no tools yet available so you have to edit the files with a hex editor.

As for a scripted event, there isn't a "XSE" or non-hex scripting program for Gen V yet. I've compiled a huge list of the commands when making the video (and studying other events), and sent them off to be added into pichu2000's NPRE. The relevant source code detailing the commands is here.

where I change up an event to give a rare candy (with new text), and show every step of editing.

Lv 103 What?

• 2 months later...