Any way to unlock the System Keys in Black 2/White 2?

Swollenfish

Unlocking the Keys wouldn't really do much for you on an R4. The Keys just give you the ability to unlock the menu selections on another's game. So you could only make use of the keys if you were putting the sav into a retail cart with the intention of unlocking the options on another retail cart via IR.

However, we are working on a way to edit which options are unlocked on a sav file.

Unlocking the Keys wouldn't really do much for you on an R4. The Keys just give you the ability to unlock the menu selections on another's game. So you could only make use of the keys if you were putting the sav into a retail cart with the intention of unlocking the options on another retail cart via IR.

However, we are working on a way to edit which options are unlocked on a sav file.

Yeah, but when you have the Black City/White Forest keys unlocked on your save, you can change between both locations at will without IR.

Same for the Regice/Regirock/Registeel keys.

You can't get a Tree Hollow Key on a Black 2 game.

Turns out, getting a key will unlock the option on your game.

But I'm not sure if simply HAVING a key (via pokegen or however) will unlock it. I'm not sure yet if they are intertwined like that.

Regardless, the important thing is that you cant naturally get the Iceberg/Tree Hollow/Assist keys on Black 2 nor the Iron/Skyscraper/Challenge keys ob White 2. And it is impossible to have Tree Hollow Key on Black 2 by any means as it is tied to the version of the Rom, as is Tree Hollow with White 2.

I see what you mean.

But the AR codes that unlock all the keys in your save file seemed to let me access White Forest and Regice on Black 2.

So if PokéGen had an option to edit the unlocked keys, maybe it would be possible to make it work the same way as these cheats do.

Oh, and Swollenfish, are you using Black 2 or White 2?

I spent a few hours messing around with this yesterday and I can read Japanese, so trust me. :)

What you have in those screen caps are not the Keys, by are the modes and options you can choose, some of which must be unlocked with Keys.

You can see what keys you have in the top menu o Unova Link (Key Communication). Your keys will unlock your features, you can communicate and use your keys to unlock stuff on someone else's game, but you cannot send keys.

The websites that have covered this function have not done a very good job of explaining it, mostly due to a lack of ability to research it. But it's all spelled out quite clearly in the instruction manual (but in Japanese).

The Keys are not an item that go into your inventory, but they are items that go into that Key Communication menu.