Pokedex

Shady Guy Jose

I just noticed a small issue: in BW2 Pokédex editing, languages aren't available from Victini onwards. This is correct for BW1, but BW2 has that feature, so I think it should be editable.

Unless something has changed, both releases of Black/White have all languages enabled on all Pokemon from Victini upward. There is no individual language setting for them.

Edit: I checked just to be sure. There's no new data in the save file for these language flags, so I have to be right. (Or they put the data in a separate block, which would be unlike anything else they've done.)

I'm not sure how it works regarding save file blocks, but when I made Pokégen complete my Pokédex, only the Japanese entries showed up for 494+. I know for a fact that BW2 have those, but I'm not sure they are actually available (they might be just hidden data). On a side note: how could the Japanese BW1 have the entries prior to the localization? Names would have leaked out, and they didn't.

Edited by Shady Guy Jose
just me being a perfectionist on punctuation/spelling/capitals

The fact that Serebii has the English Pokédex entries, which I think he said were extracted from the games when he added them to his Pokédex

EDIT: I just remembered that Pokédex 3D Pro also has them, so that might be the actual source. Nevermind then.

Edited by Shady Guy Jose