Editing trainer name in Black/White 2

Hi. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, or if it has been asked before (I couldn't find anything). Is there any way to edit your trainer name in BW2? I used Memory Link, and now it confuses me whenever a name shows up, as I don't know if it's referring to my current character or the previous game's one. I've tried Pokégen, but I can't seem to find anything related, and I haven't seen any other Save Editing tools for this game yet. Am I stuck, or do you guys know of any other way? Thanks in advance

Not that I know of yet. You may be able to use PokeSav (Sorry if I spelled it wrong) to change the name.

If you do that, you can click "Load from Save" for OT and ID for every Pokemon that originally belonged to you (with the other name).

Remember to "Set" after that.

Thanks for all the help, but it's still not working. I looked up a katakana - hex chart, which indicated my name would correspond to 30B8 30E7 30BC. What I found at 0x19404 was this: B830 E730 BC30. Since I wanted to change the last charatcter to 30FC, I changed the BC30 to FC30, as it seemed that the bytes would only be switched. However, when I loaded my save with Pokégen, in order to test it, and used "Load from Save File" to fix my Pokémon, my name remained ジョゼ, instead of changing into ジョー. Any clue of what I might be doing wrong?

However, when I loaded my save with Pokégen, in order to test it, and used "Load from Save File" to fix my Pokémon, my name remained ジョゼ, instead of changing into ジョー. Any clue of what I might be doing wrong?

PokeGen would see that the checksum of the block is invalid, since you made changes, and load the backup block. The only way to get around this is to edit both for now. (The backup area being 0x26000 for Black 2/White 2. It's the same exact data as the first 0x26000 bytes.)

• 5 months later...

Sorry for Necroing, but this thread helped me figure out how to fix my B2/W2 name; it deserves the bump.

It took me a while to figure it out since I don't know anything about Hex, so I'd like to point out to laymen like me that

The trainer name in the backup block is stored at 0x3F404.