Using an Alt. Palette with Overworlds (HG/SS)

On PPRE or otherwise, is it possible to make an overworld sprite display with a different palette? (e.g. you have an Electrode overworld, which has a normal (red) palette and a shiny (blue) palette.) Ordinarily it shows it with the normal palette, but I'd be interested to know how to swap it if at all possible.

I figure it's probably something to do with one of the values that point to a particular overworld in a/0/3/2 (which is also what PPRE changes), but I don't know which it'd be...

I can't think of any times in HG/SS where there's ordinarily an alternate palette on the map, unfortunately, so an inspection method is somewhat hard to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wondering this myself. One day I realized Gyarados was shiny in overworld by default in the lake, but then I realized quite quickly that it had a custom sprite, so that epiphany was shortly lived.. I'll report here if I find out anything. It may very well be a simple offset change (easier said than done I know.) As far as I know, the normal and shiny palettes are next to each other (at least in Tile Molester - might be irrelevant when placed in the game). I'll try some things, and see if anything works.