Hey Codr I just had another great idea!!!!1!!!11!Q!!!

Delta Blast Burn

Say someone creates pokemon for their personal use alot, and they have multiple games with multiple different OT's, perhaps if you added a function where Right clicking (or for macs some key combo) the OT/MISC tab, supposing everything is properly filled, had an option to save the current trainer information to an ini in the Pokegen folder and when creating a new poke allowed you to select from that list of saved ID's when the tab is not properly filled.

Sorry about that horrifically long sentence.

I don't see a problem with local files used for settings. Basic requirement to make applications portable.

Or are you talking about using xml over ini? I honestly don't think it matters in the end which format you use.

Sure, while xml has greater interoperability, ini format is much more human readable.

Now the program needs portability? You can already copy nothing but the executable file and be just fine if you only use English. There aren't enough settings to warrant a file for them, at least not yet.

As for the ini format, I was thinking of something a little different (and wrong) in my first post. However, that format isn't really appropriate with the random categories the current settings fall into. If a settings file is ever used, it'll likely use something very similar to the language files. It's simple and direct without the need for categorization.