How do I make a rom Patch?

I've been working on a ROM hack of my own, and I got everything completed with pokemon's movesets and stats and all the trianers and wild pokemon up to the first gym. I wanted to make a patch that I could release so that people could try it out and tell me if they found any bugs so that I can fix them. However, I have absolutely no idea how to make a patch. Can anyone tell me how?

• 3 weeks later...

i don't know why you can't create patch for you mod. is easy to do, you can used xdelta, don't used UPS or IPS it will waste you time and size. you can used GUI xdelta (is have 4 version for GUI, some is used patch extension, and some used xdelta extension, and no give any extension) or DOS (you can see on drayano mod, is using DOS mode with bat file for GUI).

you just using versioning for update or fix a bug, and don't forget give a changelog or full changelog plus log for some editing for you can roll back them if is have critical bug (is cannot recover if you wrong), that can reduce for bigger ROM, and patch is not illegal, but ROM is illegal.

you can check on filetrip for some tools to create patch file~ , also don't forget give a description about ROM based you used (if you can, give check SUM), and another document, that all.... you can learn it from drayano/agronbird/zark/ect , i just begginer in here, yeah i started on BW, drayano/agronbird/zark was starter on HGSS. ;)

xdelta GUI is using net framework, don't forget to tell them on you mod ;) some user is still used old OS. for linux is can using wine or mono or dropbo/virtual machine.