[NA] Not loading .sav file

Djinn

I've been playing my pokemon white rom on an emulator for a while now and have had no problem with pokegen. I recently got a r4 card and started a new game. However when I tried to load this file into pokegen to I keep getting a message saying "Invalid Save File". I double checked and it is definitely a .sav file which pokegen says it can read. I would appreciate any help. Thanks

This save file has data written in a place that (I think) is supposed to be filled out with 0 or 0xFF. Why it got that way, I don't know, but all this random hardware seems to love doing things differently. I can remove the check for that region of data for the next version, as I don't think it's really necessary anyway.

For now, filling offsets 996 through 1023 with 0 or 0xFF will allow it to work. If this changes something in-game related to your PC boxes, let me know.

For now, filling offsets 996 through 1023 with 0 or 0xFF will allow it to work. If this changes something in-game related to your PC boxes, let me know.

I'm not sure how to do this. (I'm not great with computers -_-')

Actually there is a problem. While pokegen works now I am unable to move pokemon in game from the pc to my party. I'm going to try and remove pokemon that you could only normally get after the national pokedex and see if that works

Edit: It was the pokemon that caused the error. So as long as you don't put pokemon that you couldn't have gotten at that point the boxes run normally

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely agree that the Flash cart caused all of the errors as I've tested several other emulators and flash carts. All which functioned normally with PokeGen. Also during the testing it became apparent that no other file wrote in that group of offsets that were previously mentioned. As for the pc boxes error that I mentioned; that was corrected when the game was beaten and the national pokedex was unlocked. So once again thanks to Codr and Kaphotics!

yeah i have same problem too, but i was solve that if i convert them using a save converter it will load fine on pokegen. it will no read if size 513 KB, but fine on 512 KB ... (but i not sure about this is a main problem)

that problem in new beta of pokegen, but on old beta is no problem for load my save data from R4 (is without convert or load on emulator).