Several B/W Questions

Howdy, good sirs;

So I had several things that I was wondering about, and perhaps the collective wisdom of this board can lend a hand. Here goes:

1 - First of all, does anybody have the Narc location for the images of the two protagonists at the beginning of the game, when Juniper asks you your gender?

2 - On a similar note, is there a complete, up-to-date list of all known Narcs and what they contain?

3 - When editing moves in a/0/2/1, we can change their type, BP, physical/special/effect, accuracy, which stats are raised or lowered, %chance of freezing/burning, etc. But how about attack animations and more complicated effects - things like Memento, Psych Up, or Silver Wind's chance of raising all stats at once. Has anybody cracked this one? As far as I can tell, they're located in a different Narc.

4 - Trying to edit a/0/0/4 Pokemon in-battle sprites with CrystalTile2 - I can view the NCGR pokemon images with Console Tool, and I can open and view them in CT2. But the colors are all off, and I can't get the corresponding palette to load for the life of me. Is there any easier way to get the correct palette than entering in all the r/g/b values manually?

5 - Is there a known way to completely replace one pokemon's in-battle sprite - animations included - with another's? I tried the very crude way of using Editor.exe to extract a/0/0/4 into a folder and manually renamed and replaced all 20 files related to Lugia with Volcarona's files. The game crashed when i tried to send out the modded Lugia in battle. No surprise. I'm considering opening it up in CrystalTile and replacing 20 files worth of Lugia hex values with Volcarona's, but I somehow doubt that it would work either >.>

6 - Is there a simple and easy way to find out the properly-ordered list of trainer names that appear in section 190 of a/0/0/2 (using PPTXT)? Does anybody have a list that they'd be willing to share? As it stands, I can change names by jumping through many hoops requiring a Japanese fan-translation patch, talking to the NPC in person, and MS Word's "Go To Line" function. You have *no* idea how incredibly grateful I'd be if anybody shared an easier way...

Many cheers, fellas! :grog:

2. you want all? yeah i have not complete list but is was complete for variable editing.... another is map (i found), 3D, ect data

Hm is just little (is not all data, is give you clue to discover another xD) some is my private data, i was found some narc is can editable (safe) because is my secret feature on my mod.....

for a/0/0/...

a/0/0/0 - Wi-Fi signal icon [5 files]

a/0/0/1 - minning sprite [8 files]

a/0/0/2 - dialog file - main [288 files]

a/0/0/3 - dialog file - story[472 files]

a/0/0/4 - Pokémon Sprites [14285 files]

a/0/0/5 - dialog frame sprite[13 files]

a/0/0/6 - [733 files] - SPA file (is texture or something)

a/0/0/7 - Pokémon Icons [1431 files]

a/0/0/8 - In-menu Pokemon sprites[649 files]

a/0/0/9 - [255 files] - is a script, not discovered, since i no have clue to research that script so i not continued to define some variable on here

for a/0/1/...

a/0/1/0 - [1 file]

a/0/1/1 - battle animation sprite[222 files]

a/0/1/2 - zonedata[1 file]

a/0/1/3 - [no narc file,script]

a/0/1/4 - the overworld BTX files arena sprite [282 files]

a/0/1/5 - [5 files]

a/0/1/6 - base stats/type pokemon and tm/hm moves[668 files]

a/0/1/7 - [8 files]

a/0/1/8 - pkm level up move[668 files]

a/0/1/9 - EVOLUTION METHOD [668 files]

a/1/1/...

a/1/1/0 - pokemon musical BMD file[2 files] << BMD

a/1/1/1 - pokemon musical song A [6 files] << SWAR SSEQ SBANK (is look similar)

a/1/1/2 - pokemon musical song A [6 files] << SWAR SSEQ SBANK (is look similar)

a/1/1/3 - pokemon musical song A [6 files] << SWAR SSEQ SBANK (is look similar)

a/1/1/4 - pokemon musical song A [6 files] << SWAR SSEQ SBANK (is look similar)

a/1/1/5 - POKEMON MUSICAL SPRITE OBJECT DATA[183 files] << object data

a/1/1/6 - PC BOX Sprite [79 files]

a/1/1/7 - [53 files] ~ is script, no define, also i no much data to identified this :/ is delayed

a/1/1/8 - Keyboard [11 files]

a/1/1/9 - [9 files]

3. a/0/2/1 is just variable for damage, effect, type, combination move, i don't know is on that, but i think is on another narc, also is not just effect move sprite~, is include sound control, i know sound data is stored in sdat, BUT some is not on sdat file, example pokemon musical sound file.... is stored on a/1/1/1, a/1/1/2 , a/1/1/3, a/1/1/4, i don't know is all are is similar, O.o

4. a/0/0/4 : try used http://gbatemp.net/t299444-mkds-course-modifier , is have tools for editing pallete, using that tools is help you change color from pal file (import/export), using some image editor support import/export palette.

5. for battle effect (i just found for variable but i can't read it D:), arena effect (i was found for arena effect (map-over world, and not on battle), also something unknown format), but i just think is stored on 999 file (1000 file include 0) on narc (and also another narc with same stucture... o.oa), i was stoping research to find narc for some fuction, now i just work on some project, my college activity, is really busy O.Oa

I think effect move is stored on some narc, i think is no script or is have script?

yeah for stater pokemon is a sample for script, i was found some tricky script is safe to modified on that variable... , like position, and some script to handle if you pick grass type, bianca will pick water type, and chere is pick fire type...... yeah i know you can modified it on trainer editor but you can modified this same pokemon or ect....... in script is not auto mode, so must retype pokemon ID again with another script...... is can on header, ... some is combined with variable........ like item on ground, item giveaway from NPC ect, is have 2-3 script on some long byte. yeah i was test, i just export file from a/0/5/7 (starter pokemon), i was insert some new byte, i replace them with a pokemon hold item, also ability, yeah is work fine (i replace with alphanarc), but is i don't know the problem with another script xD

is a little data, i won't tell all because is not tested ...

example: is a starter pokemon script : (original i not share this data but anyway is not done), this data was used by netalzero to making starter editor, i just show him to change variable for pokemon ID, and level ........

data on : a/0/5/7:782

snag0000p.png

00 00 28 00 30 40 00 00 1C 02 08 00 03 00 28 00 21 80 EF 01 57 00 01 EF 01 1E 00

00 00 28 00 30 40 01 00 1C 02 08 00 01 00 28 00 21 80 F2 01 57 00 01 F2 01 1E 00

00 00 28 00 30 40 02 00 1C 02 08 00 02 00 28 00 21 80 F5 01 57 00 01 F5 01 A9 00

IE 00 is for "else" or "or" function...... for define is have another variable/value on stater selection......

A9 00 is End command for stater pokemon selection, i don't know for start command offset o.oa, i found but i don't know is for start command......

00 maybe is for space... xD

Is starter pokemon event on picking starter :

grass (1 | 00 28 00 30 40 00) / fire (2 | 00 28 00 30 40 01) / water (3 | 00 28 00 30 40 02) <| position ?

1C 02 08 00 03 : grass (1) with water (3) hm i think is for bianca so cheren is used (2) fire , check on trainer data on kazo tools

1C 02 08 00 01 : fire (2) with grass (1)

1C 02 08 00 02 : water (3) with fire (2)

Basic script :

00 28 00 21 80 is for : /get pokemon script on you side

EF 01 is for : /pokemon ID <-- you can get glitch pokemon from this like egg / manaphy egg

57 00 01 is for : /name pokemon ID script

like this, is need researching some byte to identified for advanced script :/ anyway is possible to edit manual in HEX but is waste of time :/ anyway that script for starter pokemon you will get........

80 00 00 05 00 23 00

is for controlling level in starter pokemon, if you replace 00 23 with 01 23, you pokemon will always lv 1 since that variable is 00, and i not found hold item, nature ect.....

this data maybe wrong, because is not done xD

6. Sorry for trainer name list, i was locked it, because i have plan to reformat it, and combined with my another list is on pdf format~ anyway if you want i unlock my trainer list,

Okay i will upload again if you want it, before you used that please give a credit is from projectpokemon, so is not from you (i dislike my research data is stolen... Dx without my permission....

http://www.box.net/shared/7fb3v81gper24zdth9nq

if you get ethan, is a elite four 1 ghost type, is shauntal~ xD

Is for 191:

⒆⒇ Trainer

⒆⒇ Trainer

Youngster

Lass

School Kid

School Kid

Smasher

Linebacker

Waiter

Waitress

Leader

Leader

Leader

Nursery Aide

Preschooler

Preschooler

Twins

⒆⒇ Breeder

⒆⒇ Breeder

Leader

Leader

Leader

Leader

Leader

⒆⒇ Ranger

⒆⒇ Ranger

Worker

Backpacker

Backpacker

Fisherman

Musician

Dancer

Harlequin

Artist

Baker

Psychic

Psychic

⒆⒇ Trainer

⒆⒇ Trainer

Team Plasma

⒆⒇ Trainer

Rich Boy

Lady

Pilot

Worker

Hoopster

Scientist

Team Plasma

Clerk ⑮

Ace Trainer

Ace Trainer

Black Belt

Scientist

Striker

Leader

Leader

Leader

Roughneck

Janitor

Pokéfan

Pokéfan

Doctor

Nurse

Hooligans

Battle Girl

Parasol Lady

Clerk ⑭

Clerk ⑭

Backers

Backers

Veteran

Veteran

Biker

Infielder

Hiker

Socialite

Gentleman

Team Plasma

Elite Four

Elite Four

Elite Four

Elite Four

Team Plasma

Depot Agent

Swimmer ⑭

Swimmer ⑮

Policeman

Maid

Subway Boss

Champion

Cyclist

Cyclist

Motorcyclist

The Riches

The Riches

The Riches

The Riches

GAME FREAK

The Riches

The Riches

⒆⒇ Trainer

Team Plasma

Subway Boss

⒆⒇ Trainer

⒆⒇ Trainer

is for 176:

\xf000Ā\x0001\x0000 Cheren

Bianca

Chili

Cress

Cilan

Lenora

Burgh

Elesa

Clay

Skyla

Brycen

Iris

Drayden

Ethan

Marshal

Grimsley

Caitlin

Alder

N

큇ꆔ✳鳍

If you using data from projectpokemon please give credit is from projectpokemon.... I can't handle all ,sorry i not answer or not help you, because i can't handle all i just focusing on my mod now / another thread...

anyway don't ask about edit move effect item effect or something is impossible, without hack script/core (overlay ?) ... is a not just variable, is script with some variable... just waiting SVC/Alpha tools, is too complex from me, i just beginner so is make me confused. is have more than 1000 command (i think is over than 1000 command) and with some combination ...

last, a/0/5/7 is containing many data including event, item on map, so is called map event data

i just using hex editor for read encrypted text~

Thanks a ton, Andibad! Has anybody ever told you that you rock?

1 - Still looking for that Narc where Juniper asks if you're a boy or a girl. Any takers?

2 - Thanks for that info, Andi. Now I'm really curious about your mod's unique secret. When can we expect to see the finished product? :)

3 - I wouldn't be surprised if the sound effects and in-game effects for attacks were in different locations. Does anybody know how many different unique move effects (Skill Swap, Memento, Lunar Dance, etc.) exist? Then it'd be easier to search for a Narc with around that many different files in it.

4 - I'll try that program out; but can it do all the other things that CrystalTile2 can when it comes to editing compressed images?

5 - Thank you very much, this is all quite good to know. Has anybody else made further progress on understanding this area? I'm afraid that it's quite beyond my depth of ability.

6 - Of course I'll give credit. Shall I credit Project Pokemon or you personally, Andi?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...