New to PPRE--Big ideas

And I have no clue where to start!

Let me start off by saying that I am totally new to anything dealing with sprites, scripting, editing, etc.; I have been scanning this site and various others about two days, looking for a good starting point with this and decided to ask the forum itself.

Now before I go any further let me tell you what it is I want to do with this project. In a nutshell, recently I have been almost constantly thinking of, constructing and building ideas to what I think would be a really kick-ass Pokemon sequel. I want to take the layout of an already constructed game (been leaning towards either HG/SS or Platinum and can't decide which would fit the storyline best), I want to strip the game apart and change literally everything in it. e.g. implement new characters, plot, maps (while keeping them in the same cities), areas, etc etc. I don't know how possible that would be with the programs that we have out right now, which is where you come in.

I need a stepping stone to get this idea underway. Any advice, tutorials, beginners manuals, anything would be incredibly appreciated.

Also a big sorry in advance if this thread is in the wrong forum. I would be happy to re-post somewhere else if that's the case

New to PPRE--Big ideas

And I have no clue where to start!

Let me start off by saying that I am totally new to anything dealing with sprites, scripting, editing, etc.; I have been scanning this site and various others about two days, looking for a good starting point with this and decided to ask the forum itself.

Now before I go any further let me tell you what it is I want to do with this project. In a nutshell, recently I have been almost constantly thinking of, constructing and building ideas to what I think would be a really kick-ass Pokemon sequel. I want to take the layout of an already constructed game (been leaning towards either HG/SS or Platinum and can't decide which would fit the storyline best), I want to strip the game apart and change literally everything in it. e.g. implement new characters, plot, maps (while keeping them in the same cities), areas, etc etc. I don't know how possible that would be with the programs that we have out right now, which is where you come in.

I need a stepping stone to get this idea underway. Any advice, tutorials, beginners manuals, anything would be incredibly appreciated.

Also a big sorry in advance if this thread is in the wrong forum. I would be happy to re-post somewhere else if that's the case

you topic is "ideas" so is moved to editing ideas, see i bold on you comment, is indicate need ideas not need modified ROM....

i can say "you cannot added new data on these ROM like HGSS / BW right now so don't compare with gba games~ for map is impossible for DS (now)...

thank you