Rom Editor Request

I am giving rom hacking my first attempt with Pokemon Gold. I have been doing research (unsuccessfully) on an editor for changing the pokemon/trainer battle/intro/overworld sprites or any of the previous as a single editor. The problem is I am using a mac, with X11 and Wine; so most editors I try to use do not work. If anyone educated in this subject is out there reading this please help me or at best, provide me with an editor that fits my standard.

Thanks ;).

I am giving rom hacking my first attempt with Pokemon Gold. I have been doing research (unsuccessfully) on an editor for changing the pokemon/trainer battle/intro/overworld sprites or any of the previous as a single editor. The problem is I am using a mac, with X11 and Wine; so most editors I try to use do not work. If anyone educated in this subject is out there reading this please help me or at best, provide me with an editor that fits my standard.

Thanks ;).

google search for "winetricks" script for mac it should have .net framework in the script. thats how i manage to get .net apps to work on ubuntu

it should also work on mac

Well I do use Wine and X11 to run some .net framework I am just curious if "winetricks" is the same thing as Wine.

winetricks is a addon for wine to allow wine to better support certain windows programs i manage to use ppre and other tools with that winetricks script