Got me a slot 2 card.....now what?

Arikardo

Got my slot 2 card today for editing m retail platinum cart. I downloaded Reinmoon and am clueless about how to set it up or use it. Google has been no help. If there is a better or easier program for backing up save files please tell me (with instructions on how to set up and use).

Slot-2 is tricky, but once set up it's easier than WiFi backup (and more secure).

You need a slot-1 card as well, to be a booting tool. You probably need two MicroSD cards, one in each cart. If you only have one MicroSD, you probably need to flash your DS.

1. Put Reinmoon by using the executable. Set the language as you like, the drive as your MicroSD removable drive, and only check the box for Supercard/MicroSD.

2. Put both the slot-1 card and the slot-2 card in the DS.

3. There should be an option on the slot-1 card to boot the GBA slot in DS mode (Passme mode). There are specific things you need to do for certain flashcarts, so look into it for your particular flashcart.

4. Load up Reinmoon in the Supercard interface.

5. Take out the slot-1 while in Reinmoon and insert Pokemon.

6. Instructions for backing up/restoring saves should be on the top screen.

It's tedious, but it's not as tedious as WiFi backup (and it's much less prone to corruption/error).

It's tedious, but it's not as tedious as WiFi backup (and it's much less prone to corruption/error).

I keep hearing this, and yet with Rudolph's tool I am able to backup / restore save files from retail carts in seconds. Did I just get lucky or what?

I guess if you were backing up an entire cart slot-2 would be better in all cases though.

I keep hearing this, and yet with Rudolph's tool I am able to backup / restore save files from retail carts in seconds. Did I just get lucky or what?

I guess if you were backing up an entire cart slot-2 would be better in all cases though.

Not to mention it's incredibly easy once you get the initial set up of the FTP server out of the way.