Gen V OU: Sazzy says

Tbird

In light of getting this piece of "bling" custom5.png I figured I'd post my most recent Gen V team

Sazzy Says

Back Story

For a while people have been hyping up Hydreigon, and I felt that it was getting pretty unjust hype as I'd been able to beat most hydreigon that I'd faced and had little success using one of its sets. After enough persuasion from a good friend on my server, as well as from Wraith I figured I'd give it another attempt.

In making the team I felt I needed to go for a more offencive approach, as I know that Hydreigon is known breaking stall and walls, with walls and stallers gone it would allow for a more offencive team to break down an opposing team. I also felt that getting as many immunities and resistance on team as possible would be a good idea, seeing as I rarely go full offence I wanted to know that I had people that could switch in most attacks that will be thrown.

Team

Lead

120px-485Heatran_Dream.png

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Flash Fire

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Fire Blast

- Stone Edge

- Earth Power

- Hidden Power [ice]

Heatran is technically my lead, but it isn't really. Due to the team preview of Gen V, the lead game has been all but ruined, there is no surprise to any team now, so having an azelf lead would just mean the opponent will put his Azelf counter in the first position and ruins your plan. Heatran makes for a good pokemon to feign as a lead, as it is known to run a lead set, however I rarely keep him in front once the battle starts (for the above reasons.)

Anyway, his roll on the team is to switch in on one of his many resistance that will be thrown at other members on my team. He will happily come in on scizor trying to dispatch of my Gengar, he'll happy switch in on outrages and dragon claws thrown at sazandora. He'll also switch in opposing heatran trying to kill Ferrothorn. Generally speaking, I can go to him with little worries, he's a nice strong pokemon that does exactly what I want him to.

I've opted for the choice scarf set as I want to get rid of Garchomp/ Salamence / Dragonite / Gliscor / Chandelure as quickly as possible. He will usually switch in on Gliscor's Fling / SD / protect/ Acrobat and get a quick clean OHKO as most people are generally running the slower versions of Heatran, so Gliscor will try to EQ as I HP ice. The same is true with Shandelure.

The move set is pretty standard, with Stone edge for Volcarona who will usually force Sazandora / Ferrothorn to switch.

Fighting Weakness: Gengar / Gyardos

Ground Weakness: Hydreigon / Gengar / Gyarados

Water Weakness: Ferrothorn

Physical Sweeper

120px-130Gyarados_Dream.png

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Intimidate

EVs: 156 HP / 84 Atk / 100 Def / 168 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Dragon Dance

- Taunt

- Waterfall

- Stone Edge

This is my physical sweeper of the team, and given the opportunity it can really unleash some hell. Its main use is to switch in on something like Blissey who will usually give this team some problems, set up on it and shut it down with taunt. If they are silly enough to stay in then it's basically GG for the opposition. His flying typing also brings me some great opportunities to switch in, as Garchomp/Mence love to EQ at heatran, Gyarados can switch in safely and get a DD up; if they then bring in Skarmory I taunt it and DD up until I have enough power to OHKO it with Waterfall. It's basically made to bait walls and use them as set up fodder. He has great synergy with Heatran as not only do their typings save eachother from scary moves, but heatran can quickly dispatch of Ferrothorn who pretty much walls this Gyara.

With the given EVs its never 2HKOd by Scarfed garchomp's outrage, it outspeeds the whole unboosted metagame after a DD and the rest is just put into Atk. The bulk, I learnt, allows it to never be OHKO by a -1 Arcanine Wild Charge, also.

Electric Weakness: Ferrothorn

Rock Weakness: Ferrothorn / Heatran

Wall

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyoIR9t4h5Qz8kxN_wZ7J1bMTUFzUtbRKd89RgmdwO-bG6W-Q1pg

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Iron Barbs

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Stealth Rock

- Leech Seed

- Thunder Wave

- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is on team to remove of bulky waters that can really get pretty annoying to this team, he is also my primary go to guy if any strong attack is coming my way. It has absolutely fantastic bulk and is a general wall with in excess of 110 in both defences and a movepool made to make people cry.

I will often use ferrothorn in the lead position if I see the opponent has a water type pokemon on team, as they will generally put the water type in first position to dispatch of my heatran.

The moveset, again, is a very standard set. I have opted for Stealth rock over spikes as it A) hits every switch in and B) Ferrothorn doesn't get the luxury of an instant recovery move unlike Skarmory, and as such has a very limited window of set up. Thunderwave is cool as it cripples Infernape / Heatran switch ins to make them easier to dispose of later in the game. Powerwhip over Gyroball is to hit the aforementioned bulky waters.

Fire Weakness: Heatran / Gyarados / Hydreigon

Fighting Weakness: Gengar / Gyarados

Stall Breaker / Scouter

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEy0SuFApidYUBBtwKHcINd4zUlcQu6UI-sfgBIB-3wW7MuOlj

Hydra (Hydreigon) (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Draco Meteor

- Fire Blast

- Taunt

- U-turn / Dark Pulse / Crunch / Surf

This guy is the star of the show. Originally the team was built around him so that I could test him out and see how he works. Suffice to say I am very pleased with him now that I have gotten used to him. The beautiful thing about him is the check-mate position he puts teams into. Now lets say I switch him into Ferrothorn, Skarmory or an EQ locked pokémon. The former two I shut down with taunt, placing them into a damned position, and the latter is already in a bad spot, they now have to decide who they want to lose. Do they keep their wall in and hope that I don't OHKO? Or do they switch in someone else that could possibly get OHKOd by one of Hydreigon's STAB or coverage moves?

This moveset is the basic wall breaking set, made to blow holes into everything it meets. Draco Meteor is basic STAB that will leave a dent in anything that isn't of the steel Persuasion, fire blast hits everything else sans heatran (whom my heatran removes) Taunt is for shutting down walls and my last spot is one that I am currently working on. U turn thus far has had the best success, however I am thinking of foregoing U turn for secondary stab / a way to hurt Blissey or a way to deal with heatran without having to switch out. A modest nature is used as a Timid nature doesn't really get the jump on anything much and the benefits a modest nature reaps is a lot to pass up on.

Fighting Weakness: Gengar / Gyarados

Dragon Weakness: Heatran / Ferrothorn

Ice Weakness: Heatran

Spinner

120px-237Hitmontop_Dream.png

Hitmontop (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Technician

EVs: 240 HP / 248 Atk / 20 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Fake Out

- Mach Punch

- Rapid Spin

- Sucker Punch

Hitmontop is my teams Rapid Spinner, and a great one at that. I often use him in lead position, as he can take out Ttar leads. This is basically technitop from Gen IV, however in this generation it does seem to be working much better being able to take out and arguably more prevalent Tyranitar, Being able to 2HKO Terrakion with Fake Out + Mach Punch and being able to dispose of things like Bisharp, Starmie and Gengar. It's generally a great pokemon that does seem to do a number to the current fighting / dark weak metagame.

I switch him in when ever I see someone like tyranitar / Terrakion... Anything that I can switch in on a Dark / Rock attack and and 2HKO basically.

The EV spread is pretty basic, 240 HP means 11 turns of LO damage, fake out + mach punch are standard and sucker punch is to hit the ghost / Psychic switch ins. I believe the 20 EVs allow me to outrun CB scizor so I can 2HKO it after rocks. Though I can't rightly remember why I put the 20 in Speed.

Psychic Weakness: Ferrothorn / Hydreigon / Heatran

Flying Weakness: Heatran

Meta-Checker

102px-094Gengar_Dream.png

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Substitute

- Disable

- Shadow Ball

- Thunderbolt

Gengar is currently, IMO, the epitome of anti meta. It can check damned near everything. Reuniclus that usually runs Psycho Shock/ Focus blast gets swiftly shut down when I disable its psycho Shock and start nailing it with shadow balls. Bulk up Conkeldur w/ Drain Punch / Mach Punch / Payback (Stone edge) gets nailed when I Disable its coverage move. Anything that's choice locked and switches in on me when I am behind a sub gets completely screwed over too. Sub / Disable also protects me from anyone trying to pursuit trap me, as I disable their pursuit THEN switch to an apt counter. He also helps to cover my fighting weakness that is shared by Hydra / Heatran / Ferrothorn and can generally dispatch of anyone throwing a fighting attack. He also shuts down most blissey and every chansey and pretty much gives me a free switch in. A lot of pokemon struggle to get passed this Gengar as it's just generally very good. He works in tandem with pretty much every member of my team and makes great use of Ferrothorn, as the leech seed support provided means that Gengar can be back to full health in no time. He likes that Heatran removes scizor and he's happy to see the back tyranitar; thanks Hitmontop.

I run leftovers, as behind the sub I can generally get my health back as I am disabling folks, plus LO isn't practical as this gar is meant for Longevity not sweeping. I can't justify why I have gone for thunderbolt as my coverage move, so I may switch that for whatever the best alternative is.

Ghost Weakness: Ferrorthorn / Heatran / Hydreigon

Psychic Weakness: Ferrorthorn / Heatran / Hydreigon

Dark Weakness: Hitmontop

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

So that's my team, I hope you enjoyed reading :D It's my first Gen V team that I've posted here I think, and it's still not without its holes, so if you spot one do let me know so I can rectify it :)

Thanks for reading!

Hi,

I really like this team you created it does seem like it could deal with anything. Also it feature some of my favoured Pokemon :)

I also wanted to ask a huge favour, I'm new to the competitive battling I have the knowledge but not the experience (Mainly due to not having Wi-Fi and not many people to play against) I was wondering if i may be able to use this team (For Wi-Fi and friend battles) but not exact as you made it due to trying to get Hidden power Ice legit will take a very long time x.x and change Gengar to Chandelure? It may help me to create my own, I have read all (Or most) of the threads explaining about it all. I do understand if you decline due to me only just joining and you don't know me :3

This was the team i was going to create;

Tyranitar - Adamant - Substitute/Focus Punch/Crunch/Earthquake.

Skarmory - Bold - Spikes/Toxic/Stealth Rock/Roost.

Venomoth - Timid - Substitute/Quiver Dance/Roost/Baton Pass.

Scizor - Adamant - Technician - Bullet Punch/Roost/X-Scissor/Swords Dance.

Dusknoir - Impish - Ice Punch/Pain Split/Will-O-Wisp/Shadow Sneak.

Hydregion - Modest - Draco Meteor/Earth Power/Dragon Pulse/Flamethrower.

I cba to go into EV's and what not and I hope I'm not burdening you with anything :3 sorry to bother :L

Thank you very much! I will give credit were credit is due though :)

Would Chandelure be a good replacement or not? I was thinking the dream world ability though :3

And what move would best replace heatran's HP Ice? :3 Thank you once again :)

Chandelure would make an ok replacement. But I chose Gengar because it can shut things down AND FAST. The chandelure DW ability is currently unreleased (plus I will not let you use that broken thing on my team :P) Flash fire Chandelure is great. However, as I said, you want something speedy. I suppose you could try scarfed Chandelure? But if you can I would recommend just sticking with Sub/Disable gar.

Dragon pulse is heatran's best alternative to HP Ice, as HP ice is used to hit dragons.

Has Wi-Fi's horrible Team Preview feature been implemented in some way in the battle simulators?

If you play with Wifi Clause, yeah. You can turn off the option to show team in Pokemon Online.

100% accurate Disables... ought to try that out now. I refused to use it in the previous gen because every time I tried it, the 20% chance of not hitting superseded the amount of times it SHOULD hit (80%). :/

Thank you TBird. Well I'll stick to Gengar and see if i can suss him out xD

This may be off topic but do you know haow to get 6v6 in Black and White wi-fi? I can only choose 3 out of 6 and it's really frustrating because i can't use my whole team! >.> Feel like going back to platinum :3

The Random Wi-Fi and the Wi-Fi union romm are almost the same but the random you battle anyone and don't need a friend code wereas union you do. But on both you can only use 3 pokemon, it takes alot out of it. And i would use the online pokemon battle program's that most use but without constant access to a computer it's kinda hard. Thanks any way :3